Khadi

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Khadi

1. 20 hours ago, fov said:

It sounds like you're trying to attach the picture and have used up most of your attachment space. You can free some up by deleting old attachments (click your username in the upper right corner and selecting My Attachments). Or post the photo in the gallery instead, since there's no space limit there. You will still have to keep the photo under a certain size but it won't be that small!

Thank you.  I had no idea that you could delete attachments.  I had pictures going back for years.

2. The rooms on the right side are fairly good-sized.  The rooms on the left side are very small.  

These are quick rough estimates in inches going from left to right on each floor.  Rooms are measured length times depth.

First Floor

Left Room 1: 7 x 11  Center Hall: 7.5 x 13.5   Right Room 3: 11.5 x 15 (I reconfigured the downstairs so that my walls are straight.  I think the Center Hall cuts into the room on the right in the original floor plan.)

Second Floor

Left Room 1: 7x11  Center Hall: 8.75 x 13.5  Right Room 3: 10.75x 15

Third Floor

Left Room 1: 5.25 x 9.5  Center Hall: 7.75 x 13.5  Right Room 3: 10.25 x 13 (the back wall cuts in slightly on the left side.

Sorry these are not exact, but I hope this is helpful.

• Thanks 1
  3. On 4/29/2021 at 11:23 PM, Call Me Crazy said:

I doubt it's mold, but have no idea what caused the spots.  Here's something you can try:

Soak a cloth in some hydrogen peroxide and dab onto all of the dark spots. Let dry overnight and be amazed! Repeat as needed. For larger, darker stains, you can leave a hydrogen peroxide soaked towel over the area for a few hours and then remove and let dry.

This is an aside to the dollhouse topic, but this works amazingly well for pet stains on wood floors.  I used this to get rid of cat urine stains when I discovered my cat was secretly urinating on the rug under my bed due to a health issue.  After two rounds of spraying the hardwood floor with hydrogen peroxide and covering with a hydrogen peroxide soaked towel, both the odor and most of the stain were gone.

• Like 2
  4. I measure the wallpaper to fit the walls from floor to ceiling but don't paste it in until after I glue the walls.  That way I can make sure the patterns in the wall paper match up between the different pieces.  It's important to cut the wallpaper for the side walls a little longer so that you can wrap it around the corner to the back wall.  You want the pattern to match up to hide the seam on the back wall.  If you don't wrap and stop at the corner, you will have visible seams.

5. I  have also used Ebay to sell dollhouses.  They have a "local pick up only" option so you don't have to deal with shipping.  They take a cut of the money, but the person has to pay in advance.  This is nice if your dealing in larger amounts of money, and it prevents dealing with buyers who never bother to show up.  It also increases your range of people looking.  I've had people come from a few hours away to pick things up.

6. The wood on Greenleaf houses is very easy to cut for bashing.  I've added and removed doors, windows, and walls for a variety of reasons.  I use a fine-tooth saw or my Dremel with a rotary woodcutting blade.  I would just hold the new pieces up to the existing locations and make sure that you are comfortable with the increased opening sizes.  One thing I would check is the angle of the stairs.  Greenleaf houses often have lower ceilings than a lot of the premade staircases allow for so you can end up with an odd angle for stairs or having little floor space at the bottom.

• Like 1
  7. Like many, I save the extra wood when I pop the pieces out to make Greenleaf dollhouses.  That pile of wood scraps has gotten too big, and I need to get rid of it.  If there is anyone in the Northern Va area who would like some or all of it, there welcome to it.  Otherwise, I will be throwing it out.  PM if your interested.

8. I have only built the Shadybrook Cabin, but it's ceiling height is between 8 1/9 and 9 inches high for the lower level and the loft above is about 7 inches at the peak.  You just glue the floor supports in so you have some flexibility on how high you want the ceiling to be.  It's fairly spacious inside.  I gave it a complete second floor and put in a small flight of stairs and still had plenty of room.  I can't speak specifically to the other ones, but most of the smaller houses that I have built have ceilings that are  8 to 9 inches high.  

• Like 1