• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Joy
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3,532 profile views
  1. Thanks Grannysue - I think the instructions are really needed to identify the parts. With that and the blog, CCO and mom should do fine.
  2. This is a lovely room. Really like the lighting and the excellent well-done finishes.
  3. This is good advice. I have found that the Chrysnbon pieces work very well in smaller dollhouse rooms. They are easily paintable or stainable. Just make sure you use plastic model glue (Testor's, available at Walmart or craft stores) to put the pieces together. Good luck and happy dollhousing.
  4. It looks believable to me. Maybe adding a stair rail of some sort would help.
  5. I paint the walls before assembling but have found it works better for me to put wallpaper up after assembling. Also, put inside window trim on after wallpapering.
  6. I was born in Anoka, MN, and now live in Otsego (just south of Elk River), about 12 miles from Anoka. (But I have lived in St. Paul, Chicago, Boston, Florida, and North Dakota during my life.) I was lucky to find the Worthington on eBay after years of searching. It was a used kit (from 1982) but was only started with some windows before being abandoned. I have wanted one ever since I saw Wenlaine's version a long time ago on this site. It is the four rooms on the first floor that attracted me. Not a high quality kit but I am determined to make it as nice as I can. For my part of Minnesota (northwest suburbs of Minneapolis) the worst of the weather has been the drought and the really bad quality of air due to smoke from the Canadian wildfires.
  7. We just got some much-needed rain. It has been very hot and dry in this part of Minnesota. I will have time today to finish staining and assembling the 2nd floor staircase for the Worthington dollhouse I am working on.
  8. I was given a dollhouse kit identical to the Artply Allison - it was called "The Whitney" by a company called Radmark with instructions dated 1978. So you could search for that kit also.
  9. I used this same wallpaper in a kitchen I did for a RGT Simplicity dollhouse. But I had the cherries going the other way, up instead of down.
  10. I recognize two of those carpets that I have stitched also. Love your work!
  11. jdodyd

CC-BATHROOM.jpg

A seahorse-themed bathroom! Unique and so pretty.
  12. I'd paint it to match the light color in the wallpaper and have it wrap around all the walls in the room. However, it's your house, so it's your rules. Good luck; it looks very nice so far.