219 Excellent

About jdodyd

• Birthday 08/27/46

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Elk River, Minnesota
  • Interests Miniatures, scrapbooking, reading, gardening, embroidery.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Four
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Joy
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1697 profile views
  1. I've always been intrigued by this place - "Maple Street" in Roylston, Herts. - looks to be a little southwest of Cambridge.  It's both an -line and bricks and mortar store.  They have a website.  There are dollhouses displayed at the V&A Children's Museum in London although that is not real easy to get to.  
  2. Bedroom

Nice needlework pieces!  
  3. Analyse

I love the scarecrow!
  4. American vs. British dollhouses

What I would like to see is an "American-style" dollhouse that came with the option of a hinged back with windows and a doorway already in the back.  How about it, Greenleaf?
  5. I have little not-to-scale animals in a 1:12 house - the Whitney.  It works for me.
  6. am I the only one

My husband and I just exchange cards, not a big deal.  However, my mother expects (and gets) flowers, cards, chocolate, and phone calls from her daughters and grandchildren. We do it to keep her happy and to add something to her fairly uneventful life in a care center.
  7. Question about lights

I make my own non-working lights.  Like Holly, I don't think the expense is worth it, and it is more fun for me to make the lights from odds and ends. That said, I do admire the dollhouses that others electrify.
  8. IMG_2256.JPG

Wonderful transformation - I love the interior.   Good Job!!!!  
  9. Need help with printables

I don't think you can print directly from Pinterest.  You can click on the image that you like, copy it, then paste it either as a photo or a Word document, then print it out from your  computer. However, you have to be very careful about copyright - it's really best to follow the Pinterest thread back to the original website and see if it is copyrighted or not.  A better thing to do is to go to the regular web sites that have free (non-copyrighted) images for miniaturists to print out.  There are a number of them.
  10. A Christmas Wish

Merry Christmas to all from the Cat family at Holly Howe.
  11. Info on This Dollhouse?

The size of the rooms is amazing - generally I find dollhouse rooms too small to get everything in.
  12. Info on This Dollhouse?

I agree - looks hand made.  I wonder if it was made from plans.
  13. So, about them bedroom walls......

I've had this same problem - I solved it my satisfaction by making a smaller bed - just shrunk the dimensions a bit and made it from thin wood from a berry basket.  Once it was covered with bed coverings, it looked fine and not out of place with the regular 1:12 other furniture in the room.  Might not work for you but it is a suggestion.  Another thing I tried was to put the bed kitty-corner so it angles out into the middle of the room.
  14. Do you sign your dollhouses?

I've never signed a house but it is a good idea and will do in the future - what I've done is to make a scrapbook for each house I've built, with pictures of the box it came it, pictures of construction, and pictures of the finished house with details about items in each room.  Also in the scrapbook are receipts for items purchased, paint samples, fabric and wallpaper samples, and so on.  I've kept all my houses so far.
  15. If You Had $100.00...

Battery-powered lights.