Five or more
  • Real Name
    Joy
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3,521 profile views

About Me

Have built a Dura-Craft "Shenendoah" log cabin kit, which I bashed and turned into "Bear Lake Cottage", a real-round home on the shores of Bear Lake which is lived in by Heidi, a journalist, and her dog and many cats. This dollhouse was built between summer 2008 and spring 2010.
My next project, in construction stage as of March 2011, is a RGT "Simplicity" dollhouse with an addition, for a total of 8 rooms. The outside is a classic Colonial style and the inside will be a mix of classic English designs (furniture from House of Miniature kits) and more contempory furnishings.

In the summer of 2012, I made a William Morris roombox, which I gave to my sister.

As of September 2013, I have finished the "Simplicity" dollhouse, built an addition and a garage and just recently purchased a 1:18 scale model car kit, a yellow VW Beetle, to put in the garage when assembled.

The next project is a Greenleaf "Arthur" kit purchased at a thrift store, but am still thinking about what I want to do with it.

As of August 2014, I have finished the The Arthur both inside and out, but have not finished the decorating. Am abandoning this house for now to start on a "Whitney" kit given to me for my birthday.

Update August 2020:  The "Arthur" kit was built with an addition added as a farmhouse.  I ended up giving this house to my sister's goddaughters, who loved it.  Very satisfying.  The "Whitney" kit (my favorite house so far) was built and decorated as a Christmas house inhabited by a family of bunnies. I put it up every year after Thanksgiving and display it until January.  In 2019 I spotted a RGT Victorian Townhouse at a thrift store and bought it for $40.  I repainted, fixed it up, and decorated and furnished it.  Now, in August 2020, I am starting to build the RGT "Country Tudor" kit that I have had for six years.  Underneath the sofa is another large dollhouse kit for some time in the future.

Update May 2022:  I finished the RGT "Country Tudor" house and managed to successfully electrify it using round wire.   Earlier this year I made a 1:24 kit "Jason's Kitchen" which was cute but too small for my arthritic hands to enjoy very much.  Not interested in this smaller scale.  I am now just starting to plan for the very large "The Worthington" dollhouse kit from Duracraft that I bought several years ago.  I wanted this dollhouse for a long time because it has four rooms on the first floor, allowing one to have a kitchen, dining toom, and living room all on the first floor.   In August 2021, I joined the Midwest Miniature Guild which meets three times a year and have gone to three meetings - this is quite enjoyable and I have met some nice ladies and learned a few things.