About abigaille

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Emily
  • Country
    United States
  1. Wow! where did you get all those flowers? Or did you make them? If so how?
  2. Haha this sound like me!! It's almost like a drug addiction, I can't get enough. Lol
  3. Country store miniatures is still in business! I was there last weekend. You just have to find her number online by searching Country store miniatures Vancouver in Google and then make an appointment. You just goto her house and they have a shack out back. It's awesome!! She had everything, furniture, building stuff, wallpaper, everything. So much good mini stuff!!!
  4. I feel with selling these, your not selling your time, cause the time you spent was for your own enjoyment, so no need to sell that. But if I sell I would sell for the materials to just try to recoup some of the actual money spent.
  5. So I've been going a bit crazy with my spending on my dollhouse and feeling a bit guilty for spending so much money. But I am guessing this is pretty normal for this hobby? That's why I ask because I want to know if I am within normal budgets for this, or if I'm just insane. I haven't been keeping track at all, but if I roughly calculate, and this is being very generous on rounding down 60 mini items at say average 5$ each: $300 Greenleaf doll house kit: $100 High quality dollhouse furniture, 8 pieces at average $25 each: $200 Decorating supply (wallpaper, rugs, lighting, flooring, baseboards) 10 items at average 10$ each: $100 Crafting supplies (paint, glues, paintbrushes, exacto knifes): $100 That's at minimum $800!! Yikes. This is spread out over a couple years... so I haven't noticed as much, but still... haha anyone else this nutty? Butt, I guess if I put it in perspective with other hobbies, like skiing, you have to pay about 1000$ on gear alone, then $80+ per trip... so maybe it's not so cray?
  6. So it does look like those are all panels that could be pulled off. What type of glue would you suggest to glue the panels back on? They are really stuck on there good. Also, what brand of stain pen do you guys recommend?
  7. Hello, I love this couch, but the wood color is hideous! I want a deep walnut color, not red. But this looks really tricky as all the upholstery is white, any little mistake and it'll be ruined. The only thing I can think of to do is to use painters tape to tape off the fabric and then just VERY carefully paint the wood bits. I also included a picture of me testing two different paint types on the bottom. The acrylic came out horrible, but the Testers enamel looks ok, but enamel is hard to work with. Anyways, just seeing if anyone has done this, and had any suggestions.
  8. No packaging. I just have the lamps. I think I am just going to do 8 lamps total for now.
  9. Hello, I have the Cir-kit 1009B transformer and it says this on their website that I can have (8) 60ma 12V GOW bulbs or (13) 40ma 16V GOW bulbs. I don't know what kind of bulbs I have. All my fixtures look something like the picture I have attached. Thanks for your help!
  10. Hello, I have some miniature lights that have bare wire that has some sort of coating on it to insulate. So it's not a sheath I can strip off. So if I cut the wire, how do I remove the coating so it can make contact? I've attached some pictures of the light I have.