• Last visited

• Days Won

Erkgoer last won the day on April 17 2017

Erkgoer had the most liked content!

60 Excellent

About Erkgoer

Profile Information

• Interests
    Miniatures, dollhouses, Putz houses, general paper crafts (especially 3-D)

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Ericka
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,295 profile views
  1. I use it all the time. I do a lot of non-miniature papercraft and vinyl projects.
  2. Thanks, the lines on the decal seem a bit think to me. I thought of making them thinner, but I had already cut it and I didn't think it would make a big difference.
  3. Erkgoer

Furniture & Accessories

Furniture and accessories I've made.
  4. I ordered the Roper range I've been longing for . Now I need another good sale to get the monitor top refrigerator. This kitchen in a yet to be determined house has decided to be 1920's era.
  5. I've been trying my hand at making furniture. So far I have three pieces. Maybe one day I'll finally have a house to put them in. I can't seem to finish the Alison Jr. I keep losing inspiration. But I have so many projects I'd like to start. We had a very minor pipe leak and the access panel is in my craft room closet. I store all of the kits I've acquired in there and had to empty out the closet. My husband asked where they all came from and I wasn't sure, seems like they just appear! Six kits and still not a single finished house!
  6. It's 3M lead foil tape that I ordered from www.zoro.com. I don't know if they still sell it in small quantities, but I paid about $12 for the roll.
  7. Thanks, I didn't have red spray paint so I brushed on red acrylic then sprayed it with Krylon Triple Thick Clear Gaze. It self leveled in the brush strokes to create a smooth finish.
  8. I use 3M lead tape, I would have to check on the thickness. I've read that the lead golf tape is difficult to make curves with. I cut it in very thin strips and that keeps it flexible for curves. Still takes a lot of time and patience.
  9. Thanks! Yes, they're both mini. The left window is one of a set of 3 for my Alison Jr. The right window was the first one I made so I just used a clear transparency sheet for the experiment. I now use thin, rigid acrylic/plexiglass sheets from hobby lobby. It supports the weight and holds shape better than the transparency sheets.
  10. I use gallery glass on clear plastic. For the lead lines, I cut thin strips from adhesive backed lead tape. I place my clear plastic over a printed version of my design so I can work from a template. I like the texture & realism you get with this method, but printing a design on clear transparency sheets is a nice alternative.
  11. The first two pictures in my first post show the box cards which fold flat. The third picture is houses & gift boxes. Hopefully that makes more sense.
  12. They don't the picture with the houses is just little 3d houses & boxes with a removable roof or lid. I tried to separate that picture from the text about the cards but I'm on my phone & it didn't work out. I've also started making these paper cut light boxes using heavy Watercolor paper, a deep shadow box and LED strip lights. This one is a scene from the book Where the Wild Things Are. I use my silhouette cameo and Illustrator software to make these.
  13. My other main hobby is 3d paper crafts. I make a lot of box cards which are getting cards that fold flat to fit in an envelope, but pop up for display. These are a few examples. It's surprising how much people love getting a handmade card in the mail! I also make a lot of 3d houses, putz houses and gift boxes. I use my silhouette cameo to cut all of the pieces out of cardstock & patterned paper.
  14. True, they aren't cheap but you don't need too many since you can always mix colors. I got them for Christmas and I wish it hadn't taken me so long to try them out,
  15. That sounds really neat and the porch projects sounds like a lot of fun! This is a really good idea but as you mentioned, I don't know how well it would work with a larger 1:12 scale house. I was thinking of landscaping for a RGT house and they are so heavy!