Three
  • Real Name
    Debby
  • Country
    Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

489 profile views
  1. Thanks so much, I'll check it out.
  2. I guess its not so much the windows I am concerned with, as you said, other things can be used, but she put the frames on too. I may do things the wrong way, or maybe just my way, but I would have decorated the inside of the walls first and had the outside painted before putting the frames on. And had the frames painted before attaching them. Ah well, that's what I get for having to have it in the first place. I have 3 other kits waiting and a build in progress.
  3. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try using a heat gun to get the windows off, or maybe a hair dryer would be better. Don't want to melt the windows. It will be a while before I tackle this though cause I am building another house right now. I just got a little upset when I saw what was already done. The girl said she had built a house with her mother when she was a kid and wanted to try another one. Don't think I would have started with the biggest one out there, lol. Oh! Also, I was lucky enough to get the Taft General Store from the 80s off ebay. That one was really fun.
  4. omg. About a month ago, I bought the Garfield from someone on Craigslist. Got it dirt cheap. The girl said she had already put the base together and the staircase. I just looked at it a little better and she has already glued in some of the windows, some of the walls have been put together and then taken back off and quite a few pieces already punched out of their sheets. Have no idea what kind of glue she was using but its kind of a brown color. This is going to be a mess. I'm no expert, but why in the world would anyone put the windows in first? No paint on anything and windows installed. Not sure I want to tackle this now.
  5. Oh sure Holly, lol. Easy for you to say. Not sure if I am that crafty but I can give it a shot. Thanks for the help.
  6. I really love the sink in the first set of pictures. Found one but sorry to say, I am not paying 42.00 for it. I'll find just the right one eventually. Still putting shingles on the house and thinking I am never gonna get them done (sigh). And to Holly, remember I put in the windows before I put the siding on? Well that won't happen again. I definitely learned my lesson on that one. And no more wooden shingles either. Its amazing how much can be forgotten when you have a 15 year gap between house builds, lol.
  7. Thanks. I'll just have to be careful on the size of the stuff I put in there.
  8. I'm sure some of you have pictures of your Beacon Hill kitchen but I don't know where to look. The set up and size of the kitchen has got me stumped as to where to place appliances.
  9. Thanks to Sharon, I am getting the Allison Jr tomorrow with all the paint for 75.00. The last thing I need right now is another house but that's pretty hard to pass up. Besides, she wanted someone else to buy it so that she wouldn't. Anything to help out a fellow dollhouse addict
  10. I have mine done and yes, it is a very thick door. If you look at your charts, it will show you which windows go in the doors. The pictures should be on the last page of your diagrams that show which pieces are on what sheet.
  11. I just recently got a Barrington on ebay for 56.00. The box was open and the seller said he was pretty sure it was all there. Probably why it was so cheap. I also would be interested in yours for extra parts. Maybe Jackie and I can take it all between us.
  12. Ok, now that I have calmed down, I can see that this is not the house on Ebay because this one is under construction. I am in awe of your skills with this huge undertaking. Beautiful house.
  13. Wait! Is this the house that is on Ebay? There is one posted on Ebay right now that I commented on. This is the most awesome house I have ever seen. It is so awesome I can only keep going back and looking at it and wishing I not only had the house, but the skills to make it so beautiful.