• Last visited

• Days Won

Sithiche last won the day on January 12 2015

Sithiche had the most liked content!

44 Excellent

About Sithiche

Profile Information

• Interests
    dollhouses, miniatures, sculpting, BJD-dolls, other dolls, mini creatures, paintings and drawings

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Corinne
  • Country
    Switzerland

Recent Profile Visitors

989 profile views
  1. Sithiche

window5

I guess yes as the wire is round, I just used one of my pliers and pressed it so the it got a flat surface on both sides
  2. Sithiche

window12

ps. important... use varnish that is "high-quality", durable and uv-resistent
  3. Sithiche

window4

here I found something that may help you... http://www.violtan.com/color/ind_brands.php?Lang=EN&Oper=SelPaints&BrandID=HLW&CategID=&FirmID=CKG you paint with these colors on a plastic sheet... then once it is dry you peel it off, then you put it on a window (for example) what I mean is to use a plastic where the varnish can be peeled off again after it has dried ps but don't use these colors for the leaded windows... just the plastic
  4. aluminium is also used in the kitchen to cover food, so I don't guess it is not good... and I think it is better to work with than lead tape, lead tape is more soft, aluminium wire is soft too but not this soft and thank you for your compliment <3
  5. Sithiche

window15

You are very welcome . Maybe one day I need your help with something... right now I have no clue how and where I will add the wires for my lamps lol...
  6. Sithiche

window12

yes Selkie the varnish creates the film itself, it is like glue so holds everything together and when dry it is clear and after you remove it from the foil it looks like real old leaded window glass... after some days you can touch it and it stays like that it looks good and it holds ... just make sure you use a good varnish, I used one that is available for high quality paintings ect. I ordered it at a place where they sell all kind of artist-colors and stuff.
  7. Sithiche

window9

once it is dry and finished... when you turn it on the other side you only see a difference when you touch it, but it looks good from both sides, no need to turn it while you work on it
  8. Sithiche

window9

just right on top of the other one ... I did everything on just one side
  9. Sithiche

window4

ummm not sure what you call it... here when you buy window colors you can also buy some foil you first paint the stuff on it, there are 2 different kinds, one foil is like permanent you paint with the window color on it but afterwards you can not remove anything anymore... the other you paint on it then you can remove the window color painting... that is what I used for it, but maybe some simple clear plastic will do it too, just be sure that you can remove the window afterwards
  10. no I have done all that just on one side but when you remove it from the foil it looks good on the other side too... this was my concern first too but it really looks ok like that and yes I think it is worth to do it, sometimes I wish my house would already be there lol but I will just take as much time as it needs I did not use leadtape... I used aluminium wire that I pressed flat... Selkie ... you are welcome I told you I will share it as soon as I have it ready. When I search for things I am always thankful when I see useful tipps and tutorials too
  11. I was asked how I made my leaded windows for my Glencroft... so I made pics of the just recently made windows and put there how I made them ;) ( I have them added to my gallery) ... Hope you like it <3
  12. Sithiche

leaded windows

how I made my leaded windows for the Glencroft