• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Pat
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3,057 profile views
  1. Oh my - you really did go wild with the hutches. What fun. Aren't we the luckiest old gals to find this much joy in something so small!!! Thanks for sharing the photos!
  2. Yes - if you check around (on eBay for sure) you can find sets of the 1:48-scale brown plastic furniture for inside the Village structures. Its also a great way to familiarize yourself with 1:48 scale furniture pieces. I will say that the bed is TOO long in that set. But if you're comfy using a little saw you can cut off the footboard and a bit of the middle to 'cut it down to size' and glue the footboard back on so it fits in there nicely. And if you get that 6-building village kit do NOT toss out any of those trims, even if you decide not to build them all. Store them away. And there're lots of tiny battery-operated light sets if you want to add lights without having to use a transformer. This makes the little house light, bright and PORTABLE!
  3. Hello Holly. Some of the bedroom pieces are just the Brown Plastic Furniture that EVERYONE who works in 1:48 scale has used. The sometimes cut bits off here and there to customize them. But I made some of the other pieces. Like the kitchen. I'd done a 1:12 version of a similar kitchen so I just scaled all the pattern pieces I made down by 1/4 and it worked great. It was so much fun figuring things out to reduce the size too. I actually just purchased another partial kit of the same buildings on Ebay two days ago because they're great to use as patterns for cutting and making other buildings. Plus the package came with WONDERFUL shingles that I've re-ordered from Greenleaf two times at least. You will love this though Holly because I know you really appreciate it when we think of ways to re-purpose supplies we have on hand. Someone suggested that I buy some 1/4" wide 'scalloped crafting shears' and use an empty cereal box to paint and cut up into strips of shingles. I LOVE THEM. They're very similar to my beloved ones from Greenleaf. There's a photo of two little whimsical houses that I did with two different sizes of scalloped shears. The one on the left is done with 1/4 scallops and the one on the right is done with 3/8" scallops. Both were fun.
  4. I had been building 1:12 scale furniture and constructed a few dollhouses when my neighbor across the street gave me this Greenleaf Village kit. I decided to turn one into an actual dollhouse. I was pleased to realize that the buildings are actually just about 1:48 scale too. This was the start of my 1:48-scale obsession. There's ALWAYS room for another 1:48-scale project! 😁
  5. Well let me know if you do decide to do a hunting or fishing themed house. I have some handmade things here still from when I made them for my own lodge.
  6. cloudbound

Neverwas Haul steampunk house on wheels

Our club did a project led by Michelle Miller, building a tiny version of the Wonderful 'Neverwas Haul' steampunk house on wheels. Its a real structure built in Berkeley years ago. Its traveled all over the world too. So we decided to try building one from scratch in 1:48 scale ourselves. After our small group of three women collaborated on it. After we finished ours Michelle volunteered to have a ZOOM class to teach it to almost 100 participants. It was a challenging project but there were lots of ways each individual could customize everything - colors, flooring, wallpapers and even placement of rooms. There were so many wonderful versions.
  7. This Bellingham is my all-time favorite dollhouse and I had my father's love of hunting and fishing in mind throughout. I'll have to see if I can find photos of yours. Does yours have the top floor roof sticking out more than mine? I wish mine was left more open. And getting to the spaces in the to right-hand room is nearly impossible.
  8. I juzt wnted to thnk you for your hint. My computer keybord iz frozen up to the left of the 'd'. Hve to get it in to be fixed on Mon.
  9. Hello - my computer not working. I'll try to communicte next week when I get it bck from computer repir.
  10. Thanks Shannon. Both vendors happen to be sold out but these're the smaller ones and I actually want the larger version that I can use 1:48-scale furniture in. I appreciate the information though Shannon. Pat
  11. Well it HAS been a few years since I sung the praises of Harbor Freight's tiny rotary tool. But I am still using one just about every day. My first one did eventually give up the ghost, and my second one did too. But considering I use them ALL THE TIME, going through three of them in six years at $10 a pop is pretty good. I find that the tiny 'precision drill bits' can be just held with my fingers and twisted around to make some really perfect tiny holes. Its easy to get the holes exactly where you want them when the drill bit is right in your hand instead of the tool. Now I work with 1:48-scale mostly so that's why the holes need to be REALLY tiny. This is still my favorite mini tool.
  12. Hello Whereforart. How fun - your first dollhouse! I just want to share in the joy with you. I built my first dollhouse about 10 years ago (at the age of 62) and it turned into such a wonderful and joyful hobby. Although some tears have been shed along the way - mostly with WIRING. Ha ha. I STILL make mistakes with it. I hope you'll fall in love with minis and spend many years learning and exploring. Best wishes to you.
  13. I've been looking for a Dutch Baby House that uses 1:48-scale furniture inside. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know that Bespaq used to make some and that Cynthia Howe sold some along with the furniture kits to go with them. But it seems they're practically impossible to acquire now.
  14. I'd LOVE to have any 1:48 scale kits you have. IF you still have them. I'd be HAPPY to pay for the shipping too. Pat