Five or more
  • Real Name
    Pat
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3,058 profile views

About Me

I think my favorite part of dollhouses is building the things to go IN them.  I built my first dollhouse from an older Arrow 'Royal Dream' kit in 2015 and while building it I came upon the Greenleaf site while stumped when it came time to add the lighting.  And I've been back often with questions and just to wander through the gallery looking at others' creations.  My favorite dollhouse has to be the RGT Bellingham.  I have two of them.  One is furnished as a hunting/fishing cabin and the other one is a more traditional one.  I also own a Brinca Dada 'Emerson' dollhouse that I built the furnishings for too (the furnishings that Brinca Dada sold were WAY too expensive!).  This year (2017) I've been focusing more on the 1:48 scale houses.  I was given a Greenleaf Village kit by my neighbor and that inspired me to make one of them into an actual dollhouse.  I'm really enjoying being able to do all my cutting right on my desk top with this smaller scale.  

I'm married (45 years) with two grown children and three granddaughters - all of whom live pretty close by.  My daughter-in-law and youngest granddaughter are about the only people in my family who have any interest whatsoever in dollhouses.  But one day while shopping at The Hobby Lobby in Reno (in the dollhouse section of course) I started chatting with a lady and after a few minutes we realized that we already knew each other - from Greenleaf!  She lives a few hours away but drives up to Reno every so often to visit her children.  So now I have a 'dollhouse friend' that I can see every now and then.

photo 26.JPG