• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Cathy
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2967 profile views
  1. Half Clocked - side front

Clever idea, well designed and beautifully executed!  It's a winner!
  2. What's behind Door No. 1?

I am curious 
  3. Andi Mini Bricks

This photo was taken twenty-four hours after applying the gray mortar.  It is not fully cured yet.  But the color lightened and it now looks like the mortar on our real life brick fireplace. 
  4. Andi Mini Bricks

Thank you, Brae and Holly 
  5. Andi Mini Bricks

I agree, Keith.  The gray looks much better.   Thank you.  Grouting this small section wasn't hard, but I can see that it will a challenge for a larger project.
  6. Andi Mini Bricks

This photo shows the second set of bricks with gray mortar.  I did them just like the first set except I used "Miniature Brick & Stone Mortar #OR599-Grey."  I took this photo right after I finished.  Since the container says that the mortar takes a week or more to fully cure, I expect the color to lighten up.
  7. Andi Mini Bricks

Thank you for the kind words, Carrie & Karin.  I really like these bricks.  And now that I've played with them, I know I will use them for future projects.
  8. Andi Mini Bricks

I waited 48 hours for the sealer to dry thoroughly before I grouted the top set.  When I bought the bricks, I also purchased grout.  For the top set, I used "Miniature Brick & Stone Mortar #OR599W-White"  I used a foam brush to apply it and get in between the bricks.  Then I used another foam brush that was damp from water to brush the grout off the bricks, rinsing & blotting the brush as needed.  This grout is sandy & gritty, but it didn't harm the sealed bricks.  And the grout texture seems to add to the realism.  Although the grout looks bright white in the photo, it is a creamy white in person. In this photo, the bottom set of bricks has one coat of the same matte sealer I used for the first set of bricks.  But these were from a different bag of bricks and it shows how the brick color varies.  When doing a large project that will require more than one bag of bricks, I suggest you use bricks from both bags as you go along so it looks consistent.
  9. Andi Mini Bricks

I applied the bricks with tacky glue.  I used 1/16" wood for spacers.  The top set of bricks has been sealed with two coats (waited 2 hours between coats) of Liquitex Matte Varnish applied with a 1/4" artist brush.  The second set of bricks has not been sealed yet.
  10. Sewing in mini

What a great scene!  Looks like a winner to me!  
  11. 50s style travel trailer by Little Habitats

I agree... looks super fun!
  12. Ceramic Chihuahua

Chihuahuas are great dogs!  I have one curled up on my lap as I write this.  She is my little cuddle bug  
  13. Ceramic Chihuahua

From the album Misc Minis

I purchased this little ceramic Chihuahua at a secondhand store.  The Hagen-Renaker website says it was designed by Helen Perrin Farnlund.  
  14. French side table

Looks great!  And thank you for sharing how you achieved the antique look.  I appreciate the thought & the work you put into everything you do.
  15. Fish Scale Shingles - Finished

Thank you