• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Cynthia
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1604 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Got my HBS order today. Unpacked the grab bag and got some goodies: a nice round table with damaged feet to fix, a pretty pink and white octagon rug, a working window, a small pack of gold and white trim, and the best part, a battery operated three arm tulip shade chandelier, fully functional! Only a few bits I can't see myself using.
  2. New Member: Lawbre Rosedawn Plantation

Hurray! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
  3. The Bar Room Box

That was my favorite thing about them, when I lived in FL. I would come in from school on a hot day, take a shower, then flop out full length on the floor, letting the tile just suck all the heat out of my body.
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Went to the movies with my mom today. Decided to cap off Easter week by seeing "Paul, Apostle of Christ". Really enjoyed the acting.
  5. So how is the weather where you're at ?

A nice cool breeze today, but very sunny. Quite pleasant, really.
  6. So how is the weather where you're at ?

The problem is that here we don't really seem to get a spring. We go from cold to hot, and nothing in between.
  7. So how is the weather where you're at ?

80 here in NC. Dreading SUMMER. Summer is a six-letter word in my opinion. Winter...winter...I want the cold!
  8. 40% off minis

I got last year's contest house, the Craftsman cabin. Their stock is low, and they won't get more when they run out. I think I'll transform it to a vacation cabin, and may bash it to make the second floor bigger for a sleeping loft. I also got a fireplace for another build, and a grab bag too.
  9. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

Just finished a Thanksgiving recap: turkey, sweet potato, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and green peas.
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

I only have a few little bruises, so I count myself lucky. Working through the stiffness today by moving more. Went to my library to pickup some books but forgot they closed for the Easter holiday early. Sigh. Must swing by again on Monday. Taking a break for a few days on the rose rug. I'm almost half done with the background, so I feel good about it.
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Oh trust me. I don't fall often, maybe every 8 years or so, but when I do, it's epic! And it's never the same way twice...Thanks for all the commiserations. First thing on the to-do list is to get some kind of non-slip mat before I use that shower again. Meanwhile, I'll use the tiny stall shower in the guest room. Sigh. Hate that dinky setup.
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Taking things easy today after a rather eventful yesterday. I was just starting my shower when my left foot slipped, and I tumbled flat on my back out of the shower and slammed onto the tile. Stupid tub edge levered the back of my knees and kept me from regaining my feet. Brought the shower curtain down with me, too. So there I am, flopping around on the floor, trying to get over to the sink cabinet so I can regain my feet. Took some doing, let me tell you! It was like a scene from a bad movie. Luckily, when I fell, my hair clip on the back of my head hit the floor first and kept me from hitting my head and getting a concussion. Then I had to go to my doctor, so I was moving quite slowly. I didn't break anything, so that's good, but today I'm sore all over and stiff.
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

Beautiful, Jackie! My dad encountered snow yesterday driving to work, but he goes east of us, so I didn't see any. About a third done of the background on the current rug. Looking to make more progress!
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Almost a 1/4 way done with the background on the rose rug. I'll keep chugging along! Thinking of doing a more traditional oriental rug as my next project...and I'm seriously eyeing some new vintage kits on ebay I can convert from wool to floss.
  15. Showcase Our Miniature Finds

Well, Kelly, I think the paper looks lovely with the set, but instead of an accent wall, I'd do paper up top and white beadboard or wainscoting on the bottom of the walls. Full on paper over the whole wall would be too dark, I think. As to tiles, I like the idea of mixing in blue accented on white with plain white tiles. I think it'll look very elegant when done, whichever direction you choose. Looking forward to seeing the finished room!