• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Cynthia
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1844 profile views
  1. What are you up to today? This week?

Mike, nice to see you! Once minis get a hold on you they don't let go. Can't wait to see the progress on the new build!
  2. Happy Christmas

Best wishes to all, and Mike isn't the only one eating turkey tomorrow, we will be as well!
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

Finished the fancy stitching for a Christmas present today. Just have to do the assembly stitching now. I'm making a whitework pillow for my mom. It's a bouquet of her favorite flower, lily of the valley. I'm going to add a green twisted cording for trim, just have to go to the store tomorrow for some and a pillow form. Should finish in plenty of time.
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Yikes, Keith! Be more careful, please. On the other hand, it's good all 10 fingers are still attached. Miranda, that cathedral is a showstopper, wow! Jeannine, glad to hear you're holding up to the rigors of your trip so far. Try not to overdo things! Today I finally finished decorating the tree. Spent a solid 2 1/2 hours on it, and then sat by it with my dinner: a nice hot bowl of beef stew. Snowed all night and most of the morning here, maybe 8-10" worth? But I stayed cozy inside. Won't be able to leave the house until the middle of the week, if then. Oh the joys of rural small town living; I think we only have one snowplow to service the area, and it of course takes care of downtown first.
  5. So how is the weather where you're at ?

Beautiful, Karin! Am expecting some of the white stuff here on Saturday night. Fingers crossed for me, I just love winter!
  6. Rumbled!

Happy you're back, Mike! Hoping for good results for you, and I'm sorry to hear the woes continue. Merry Christmas to you and Rosemary, and a jurassic turkey sounds good to me!
  7. What's everyone working on?

Nothing on the mini front right now. Am taking a break from mini stitching to do some quick silk ribbon embroidery projects instead. Sigh. Love that silk ribbon! Wish the 90's craze for it didn't die. I'll have to start another album for my life size stitching projects!
  8. Flying...

My father's father was a pilot for several years, and never any problems. He also trained future pilots for WWII. So whenever I fly, I think of him.
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

Hey Christine, you mentioned Pret a Manger? Not sure if you visit DC, but my parents and brother ate at one there early last month.
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

Just posted my newest project to the gallery. Finally back in the garage working on glass as it's started cooling off here.
  11. Blue Ridge Mountains

From the album Glass Art

My most recent stained glass piece. I made this for my church's charity auction this year. I figured the Blue Ridge is quite popular around here, so I would make it in glass. I used only two shades of Spectrum: Blue Yonder for the mountains to give them that nice smoky effect, and a lighter blue with plenty of swirls of white opal for the sky with wisps of clouds. Got a lot of compliments on this one!
  12. New Miniature!

Absolutely. One of my mom's dogs when she was a child was an Irish Setter. Gorgeous animal, but dumb as a box of rocks, and hyper to boot. No one could get that animal to listen and obey.
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Thanks Carrie, and yes I did win it! Eagerly awaiting it's arrival, although it may be quite some time before I build it.
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Congrats! There's nothing better than a new mini.
  15. DIY Wainscotting and Panels

Just....WOW! Must bookmark this for future reference.