• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Cynthia
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

2233 profile views
  1. Bookcases II

Love the veneer. The diamonds add a nice bit of elegance.
  2. Needlepoint rug

Should've remembered that part of the forum, Holly! Still it works out for the best. All copies are spoken for now. And I'm happy to make my mini friends happy; otherwise I would have just recycled the paper.
  3. Just sent you a pm

4. Needlepoint rug

One copy remaining. The others are spoken for.
  5. Needlepoint rug

Just recently bought a new needlepoint rug pattern on ebay. It was from a kit, but has three extra copies of the pattern I don't need. Anyone interested in a copy can PM me their address and I'll send one to you. You can see a picture of it here:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Underfoot-Designs-Dollhouse-Rug-ARABESQUE-B-Needlepoint-Petit-Point-Chart/293245196168?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
  6. Color Choices Real and Mini Houses

That pop of red is what makes it!
  7. Finished 18th c Pennsylvania stone house

The exterior is fabulous! Great job on the landscaping. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that cottage is life-size.
  8. My Mother's Childhood Home in 1/12th

Can't wait to see the progress you'll make with this project. Love the old photos! I don't remember my paternal grandmother much, but I treasure one of the old photos I have. She actually looked a bit like that old actress from the Thin Man movies, Myrna Loy.
  9. William Morris style rug (half scale)

I'm with you about the wool! I'm terribly allergic and break out in hives if I even touch it. And if I smell it, my nose plugs up and my eyes start to stream! Great job on the carpet. I have that book and several of her pattern packs waiting in the queue. She really has a nice variety of designs. I use my handy DMC color sample card which has all but the newest colors on it to do my conversions. I even took little snippets of every color, which took a while, and taped them next to the samples. Now it's super accurate!
  10. A broken bone.

You're not the only one. My aunt, when she was in DC recently, fell and broke her wrist. They set it there, but now that she's home in FL, they tell her she needs surgery to fix it.
  11. Painting

Also, if you're going to wallpaper, you really should paint the wood beforehand, as gluing the paper on the bare wood can lead to paper discoloration over time.
  12. I bought an RGT Queen Anne kit!

That's a beautiful one. I've always wanted one myself. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
  13. Miniatures in Marble

Hello and welcome! That sounds great. I'm always interested in mini statuary.
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

About halfway through the caladium pillowcases. I took a break to make some beaded jewelry. Love how it turned out; the beads are frosted colored plastic that look like candies in very happy colors. Making stuffed shells for dinner. Avoiding heat at all costs. And, I had my 36th birthday this past Sunday.
  15. 3 Blind Mice Show(s)?

I went to one a few years ago in NC. Small, but everyone was friendly and I had a good time. Got some cute goodies too.