• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Cynthia
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1419 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Thanks for all the great comments on my new oval rug! I have already started another project. I'm doing a climbing rose rug, we'll see how quick I am at doing that one.
  2. Don't be afraid of tiny stitches! The best part of needlepoint is the fact that the stitches lock into each other and completely cover the canvas holes. I haven't tried the really tiny kind, like the 60 count silk gauze, but I'm working up to it. The rugs I've done have all been 18 or 22 count.

3. Oval Aubusson

From the album Needlework

This is another Lee canvas I got from ebay a few months ago. Gray blue background, white, two rose pinks, golden yellow, and three shades of green. I haven't decided where this one will go yet.
  4. What's everyone working on?

Finished the oval rug! Pictures to follow.
  5. What are you up to today? This week?

Really made progress on the oval rug lately. I'm about 3/4 done, just filling in the background left.
  6. My original SamUSAs!

I love the little vase, especially! Where did you get it?
  7. So how is the weather where you're at ?

Damp and grey today. I don't mind rain, but I don't like when the house gets that lingering damp feeling, with a side order of mustiness, since it's not cold enough for the heat to click on.
  8. Frances Lee Glessner's Miniature (Crime) Scenes

And if anyone's seen "The Greatest Showman" which was quite good, there's a quick scene where when he's first made it big, one of his daughters gets a dollhouse.
  9. Medieval Unicorn

From the album Needlework

I made this wallhanging quite a while ago, copying a kit I found on ebay that was out of my price range. I cross stitched this one on pale blue aida, and accented with metallic gold thread stars. This will eventually go in a tudor scene.
  10. What's everyone working on?

Nice staircase, Heidi! I'm still full steam ahead on the oval rug. Have finished all the colors except the blue, so I'm about halfway done. Will have pictures soon!
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

I've now read the first six, just three left for me to buy and read: madness, manhattan and matrimony. They were all quite good, and if you go to her website, you can see a gallery of minis she made herself. http://www.minichino.com/MiniatureMysteries/
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Weird, Rebecca! We must be on the same wavelength. I recently discovered those books too, and bought the first 6. I'm ready to start mix-up in miniature.
  13. Chandelier question

Yes Holly, sugar daddy and sugar babies are still made. And, up until a few years ago, I had a Ben Franklin near me in NC.
  14. Selkie

I am so sorry to hear this. I always looked forward to reading her input. She will be missed.
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

Making steady progress on the oval floral rug. I'm about a 1/3 done. I really like the colors- there's a soft blue-gray, antique rose pinks, soft green, golden yellow, white, and 2 other greens. I hope to finish within two weeks or so.