blueirishmoon

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by blueirishmoon

1. Still working on the first rug. I'm about half done. All the rugs (except the bath mat which is pink) are in different shades of browns, cream, and tans, and on the smaller side. I'm currently doing the abstract circle rug from the miniature carpet book, the other two to follow are the gazelle rug from the 20th century embroidery book and an out of print Janet Granger design, which also has abstract circles on it. Had beef stew for dinner.
  2. So I finished the gray and cream rug, as well as two pillows for a mod loft kit I plan to make in the future. I just started on the first rug for it. Going smoothly! I posted new eye candy....
  3. From the album: Needlework

Same book, darker shades from the wallpaper, red, fuchsia, chartreuse, charcoal, and turquoise.
  4. From the album: Needlework

To use in a loft apartment kit. Tiny, working from the 20th century embroidery book. Colors to match some itsy bitsy wallpaper I'm using as artwork.
  5. From the album: Needlework

Simply charcoal gray and cream, to go in a bathroom with matching toile wallpaper, and a marble patterned floor. About 2 x 3".
  6. Just posted the bath mat pic. I'm still working on the charcoal and cream rug I started, all I have left to do is the cream background.
  7. blueirishmoon

Bath Mat

From the album: Needlework

This is a Janet Granger design, using three shades of pink, hers were more dusty corals, but I wanted a pop of pink for my mod loft project. I have two pink cushions to match for the bedroom, so since the two are on the same level, I thought I'd add pink to contrast the neutral colors I'm planning for the other rugs.
  8. Finished the bath mat. Just need to take a pic and upload. Next project will be another small rug, thinking I'll also use it in a bathroom.
  9. Thanks Susie! Using some of the leftover canvas from the recent rug to make a little pink bath mat.
  10. Thanks Holly! When I first saw that pattern in the book, I said to myself, I'll never make that, but it was just a matter of finding the right project inspiration to make me stitch it up.
  11. Hi Keifer! It's about 5 x 8 inches.
  12. I finished it! Just posted a picture of the finished rug in my needlework album. What to work on next? Hmmm. Have to think about that. Dinner last night was spaghetti with meat sauce that I made, dinner tonight was takeout Chinese orange chicken.
  13. From the album: Needlework

This is a Janet Granger design I modified by changing from a square rug to a rectangle. I did this by doubling the center design and extending the side borders into longer lattice designs. I also chose different colors; I used three reddish browns, two which are closer in tone than the third, cream, and green. I plan to use this in a Regency parlor roombox.
  14. One color left in the borders. I should be finished soon!
  15. Mine was certainly merry! Made a lovely dinner of turkey with gravy, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, asparagus, and cranberry sauce. Also got some nice presents, including some great minis. Of particular interest was some lovely wallpaper in green and cream, with a classical design to go in my regency parlor I'm planning. I hope to finish the carpet for it in the coming week.
  16. Hello and welcome Stacey! I too am in the NC area, down in Statesville, about 40 minutes west of Winston-Salem. Maybe you'd like to meet in the future? I love Van Burens. One of my dreams is to find a kit and build it in the Tudor style.
  17. Moved on to the outer borders of the rug. I'm speeding along now!
  18. Great news Jackie! I'm having fun doing my rug, snuggling in my chair with the tv on.
  19. I don't like the idea of being the guinea pig, sorry. I'm under 40, pretty healthy overall, and have been going out only once a week if that for only 30 minutes or so, wearing my mask.
  20. Enjoying my evenings now I've straightened out the problem. Just finished one of the inner borders, doing a lattice pattern. Dinner was leftover Italian sausage and spaghetti.
  21. Found an error that was driving me crazy. Now it's fixed, so I'm still hard at work on the carpet. Dinner was decadent. Bacon cheeseburger, anyone? Mmmm.
  22. Still hard at work on the regency carpet. Dinner was pork roast and rice. Tomorrow I'm planning on leftover beef meat sauce and spaghetti.
  23. Nothing different this year. I'll be cooking for my parents. Herb roasted turkey, sourdough stuffing, sweet potato casserole with pecan struesel, green peas, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie.
  24. Making great progress on the rug. Have outlined the design areas, but am already running low on one of the colors. May have to order more floss. Dinner last night was leftover Italian sausage and spaghetti. Dinner tonight should be leftover chicken made into a pot pie.
  25. Taking a break from the tapestry as I have to resolve a problem with the borders. Started a new rug. This one will be for a Regency parlor, and I'm using lovely soft mahogany browns, cream, and a light green. It's a Janet Granger pattern I modified from her book, the Italian design. This one should stitch up quick as it is very symmetrical, and it's only a few colors. Dinner last night was roast chicken and rice.