blueirishmoon

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by blueirishmoon

1. No stitching tonight. My hands felt tired, probably from all the detail on the Renoir! Dinner was roast chicken with some egg noodles and squash on the side.
  2. From the album: Needlework

Tiny again, silk mesh, at least 20 colors. Because of all the detail, I think it looks more like the real painting. I'm going to use this like a tapestry in one of my builds.
  3. Finished the Renoir! Yay. On to the next project. Going to load the photo once I finish posting. Last night, barbecued cheeseburgers, tonight I had leftover chili for dinner. Pork roast tomorrow.
  4. Got my replacement floss, so was able to finish stitching the blue. Now I just have the purple gray to stitch, and any stray missed stitches in other colors. Dinner was leftover spaghetti and sausage. Possible barbecue tonight, depending on weather.
  5. Stitching the purple gray and will continue for the next few days. Maybe a 1/4 done with it? Dinner was some takeout fried chicken.
  6. Finished the green, started the blue, but had to stop when I ran out of it. Waiting for an order to come that has replacement for that color. Started the purple gray, but stopped early because my eyes felt tired. This color should keep me occupied for a few days, as there are some major chunks of it to stitch. But I estimate I'm almost 3/4 done with this one, and I am so ready to move on to a new project. Chili for dinner, very tasty. Not sure what tomorrow's menu is, maybe some takeout?
  7. Down to three colors left, I think. A green, a pale blue, and a purpley gray. Not sure how many days I have left for this one. Dinner was leftover beef stew, and spice cake for dessert. Not sure if it's tacos or chili tomorrow.
  8. Stitched with green tonight, maybe half done with it? More stitches in that color than I first thought. Dinner was spaghetti and sausage and oh so yummy.
  9. Stitched two colors tonight, but still a little ways to go. Dinner was beef stew, seasoned just right, that I chopped veggies for this morning. Afterwards, I baked a spice cake for dessert which turned out nice and fluffy. Tomorrow, hopefully spaghetti and Italian sausage.
  10. Finished the green and almost finished the gray I started after. Reluctant to stitch one of the shades of blue, because I think I'll run out of it, so I'm waiting on some floss I ordered to replace it before I work with it. Dinner was very tasty, barbecued chicken, and tomorrow we'll either be having spaghetti or stew.
  11. Started and finished another shade of blue and a gray. Half finished a shade of green. Dinner was leftovers, tasty but not much appetite.
  12. Started and finished a color tonight, a very pretty shade of blue. I think I'm down to 6 or 7 colors left. All with chunks of stitches, so I might have a week's worth of stitching left. Dinner was a turkey sandwich. Tomorrow night I'm planning on leftover burgers for dinner. Sunday hopefully Dad will bbq again, maybe chicken.
  13. I stitched up a few colors that were accents tonight. Back was still a bit sore. Dinner was some tasty cheeseburgers my dad got roped into barbecuing. Mmmm.
  14. Stitched and finished two colors tonight as the back is better, not 100%, but better than the days previous. Dinner was so good, I was really craving pork roast. Not sure what's on the menu tonight.
  15. Not as sore tonight, so I was able to stitch for longer. Dinner was quite tasty; tomorrow we're having pork roast.
  16. I think sometimes I just breathe funny, and it goes out of whack. Any way, when pain is bad, out comes the cold pack. But I find a real deep massage and thorough rubbing of bengay usually help it heal quicker. So, it's slightly better tonight. I did finish with the color I left off with last night in my stitching. Dinner was a pasta experiment that will go better in the future if I decide to make it again. Tonight we plan to have turkey chili, bread and butter and salad.
  17. Torqued my back somehow this afternoon, so stitching was only a little bit as I was in such pain. May take up to a week for it to feel better. Dinner was delicious, my dad is a bbq wizard!
  18. Chose another color to work with tonight, I finished with the color I started the night with and began another. Dinner was a tasty homemade chicken pot pie with leftover roast chicken, nice plump corn, peas, diced carrot and green beans with a yummy gravy. Tomorrow hopefully dad will barbecue some steak to go with baked potato and corn on the cob and green veggies. Found what I was looking for at the dollar store, so that was nice. Got my last package from the online mini show; I bought a few things from one seller: some moire fabric (minigraphics), some silk gauze for stitching, a little floral rug kit, a little side table kit, a potted fern kit, and got some extras from her, to boot! I also ordered some more stretcher bars from ebay so I can get back into rug stitching. I had ordered something from China which finally came, but it was damaged, so I contacted the seller who asked for pictures. They seem to genuinely want to correct the problem, so hopefully they'll ship another, but better packaged so it arrives safely.
  19. Finished with the color I was using last night. I'm almost two-thirds done, I think. Yay for me. I keep chugging along, nice steady pace, which helps me complete all these projects. I think I'll do a mini pillow of daffodils next. Star Trek was entertaining tonight, a personal favorite episode from the first season was on; Kirk has to face down a Godzilla-like creature. The costume is so fake, but I just love that one. Dinner was my leftover meat sauce and spaghetti, and just as tasty as it was earlier in the week. Thunder is rumbling in the distance, so we may have some overnight storms. Tomorrow I may go to the dollar store.
  20. Switched back to a color I realize I was only half done with. Stitching proceeds apace. I'm slightly more than half done. Dinner was roast chicken with jasmine rice. Starting to get a few things I bought from the online mini show. Today this darling figure of a white rabbit dusted with mica glitter came which I plan to use in an Easter scene. Yesterday some pretty paper caladium leaves came for me to make potted plants with. I have one more package coming, maybe by Saturday?
  21. Hoping everyone is all right. I have vivid memories of hurricanes from growing up in Florida; I don't miss them, but then again, they didn't scare me at the time.
  22. I'm hoping there's no heart damage and that your left hand will soon be working properly again, Kells! Glad to see you back.
  23. I just keep stitching...can't wait to finish the Renoir. It's super detailed, I'm stitching on silk gauze again. This one is a little different though. The gauze is very soft and floppy, and it's this golden color which is harder to see against than the white I've used in other projects. So, progress is slower than I'd like. Dinner was a tv dinner, tomorrow we're roasting a chicken. I keep tweaking my design plans, such fun. Doctor's visit went ok, except they told me I gained 2 pounds. Just have to work harder, I guess!
  24. Did some more stitching tonight. I think I've finished another two colors, still 12 or so left, but I'm definitely closer to half done with the pattern. Tomorrow I have the doctor again, just routine. Dinner came out great, parents were happy with my cooking and I have enough leftover to have on Friday when the parents have fish for their anniversary. Tomorrow I might have a tv dinner just to make things easy for myself.