blueirishmoon

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by blueirishmoon

1. Steaming ahead with the stitching. Finished working on the revamped rug plan. Can't wait to stitch it. Dinner was oven fried chicken with rice a roni on the side and broccoli. Dinner tomorrow will be my beefy meat spaghetti sauce I'm cooking for the parents.
  2. Tired eyes kept me from stitching for very long tonight. Dinner was Chinese takeout. dinner tomorrow should be barbecued ribs.
  3. More than half done with the revamped rug design, but not stitching it just yet. Also, finished with the color I was working on in the Renoir. I'm about 2/5 done, but hope to speed up a little. Dinner was some leftover turkey. Not sure how my weekend will shape up.
  4. Hopping around on the stitching, working with one color. Going slow, but enjoying the process. Afternoon showers predicted became evening rain instead. Errands to run tomorrow morning. Dinner tonight was tasty roast beef, not sure what I'll have tomorrow. Working on another design, this for a British Regency parlor. I'm thinking of a beautiful wallpaper I found in cream and pale green with classical kind of figures on it. A bespaq parlor set upholstered in a cream stripe. A coffee table with a faux marble top and lyre figured legs. I just bought a beautiful cream colored fireplace with all these classical flourishes carved on it. I'm also working on adapting a Janet Granger rug design from her book, the Italian carpet, called Isobel, and instead of square, I'm making it rectangular. Also, changing the colors to three soft mahogany browns, cream, and pale green to match the feel of the room. Lighting is something I'm still pondering.
  5. Didn't get much stitching done tonight because the power went out for a good 2 hours or so. So I did maybe 45 minutes instead of my usual 3 hours. Dinner was a nice turkey breast. Not sure what's on the menu for tomorrow.
  6. Thanks everyone! These are the results I've been working on since March, really. More to come soon, I'm about a 1/4 done with the Renoir. I took on another little chunk of color tonight, but quit early, my eyes were a little tired. Dinner last night was so good, Dad was able to barbecue some chicken because the midafternoon shower blew off and it cleared enough for him to light the charcoal. Dinner tonight was some beef chili, bread and butter and salad. Not sure about tomorrow.
  7. Just posted a bunch of eye candy to my needlework album. I finally got the camera figured out! Yay. Now I can bombard as I go instead of all at once. I think I just posted 13 pictures...just so you can see how cross eyed I've been getting, lol.
  8. blueirishmoon

mackintosh

From the album: Needlework

I did this one more like two years ago but never got around to posting it! This was a Felicity Price design for a future art nouveau build.
  9. From the album: Needlework

This is a Janet Granger design, which is going in the blue and cream build. I tweaked her colors and used the ones I'd been using for my other stitching to more subtle effect.
  10. From the album: Needlework

This is going in a different future tudor build. Maybe in a hall setting?
  11. From the album: Needlework

This is an oriental ginger jar, which I thought I could use in the blue and cream build. Loved the blues in silk!
  12. From the album: Needlework

This came from a series of kits I stumbled over on ebay. Absolutely lovely designs and silk thread, but super tiny! I'm not sure where I'll use this, but I'll find a place for it.
  13. From the album: Needlework

This will join the other cluny pillow and the unicorn firescreen.
  14. From the album: Needlework

This is going to join the unicorn firescreen as a settee pillow.
  15. From the album: Needlework

This was an old vintage kit that I loved because it's a copy of that famous medieval unicorn tapestry. When finished, it will be a firescreen in a future tudor build.
  16. From the album: Needlework

This was a vintage kit I got from a mini show. I just loved the shabby chic flower basket, and it stitched up very quick!
  17. From the album: Needlework

This was a vintage kit I bought from a mini show. Super tiny, and lovely when done. I'm going to frame it like it's needlework the doll person did.
  18. From the album: Needlework

This is also from the Miniature Embroidery book, only I changed the colorway to all blues and cream. I made a pair of these for the blue and cream build to use in a pair of hardback chairs in the living room. I plan to make the matching rug in the same colorway for the room too.
  19. This is from the Miniature Embroidery book, which I stitched four of for a dining chair set in a blue and cream build.
  20. This is a Janet Granger design, which I plan to use in a future build. I just love art nouveau style!
  21. Did another chunk of color tonight. Dad tells me he has figured out the camera, and will show me tomorrow. Dinner was lemon pepper pork roast, baked potato and apple crisp for dessert.
  22. Switched colors but didn't get as far as I would have liked tonight; my eyes felt tired, so I stopped early to give them a rest. Dinner was leftover Italian sausage and spaghetti, garlic bread and salad.
  23. Made another mistake in the stitching tonight but was able to correct it. I don't know, my eyes must be getting tired of working with the color I'm using, but there was such a big chunk of it in the pattern that I felt tempted to do that part, because it would leave me with a feeling of victory. Anyway, I'll be able to finish that chunk of color tomorrow and switch to a different color. I was quite clever when I got the kit. The threads were on multiple cards, but I put them all on one bigger card, yet kept the little ones because they have the chart symbols printed next to the color name. Now I'm using them to corral the current colors I'm working on so I can keep them straight, by putting the length of floss I'm taking plies from and looping it into the card.