blueirishmoon

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by blueirishmoon

1. You used one of my favorite artists! I love the Impressionists and Pre-Raphaelites the most.
  2. Found I made a stitching mistake last night, but was able to correct it because it was near where I stopped for the night. Made a little more progress afterwards. I also was able to take a rug pattern and adjust the colorway for the new design I'm working on. What's nice about it is that the pattern has these flowers that sort of echo the shape of the flowers on the scrapbook paper I got. To me, they look a little like peonies. I'm shooting for a peachy palette, with some gray, pale yellow, and gray green accents, and 4 tones of peach from pale to dark. Saving up for the fancy connecting bath fixtures which are a little hard to find. Dinner was delicious, not sure what I'll have tomorrow, though.
  3. I didn't used to be good at that, but I've gotten better at it. I find with me, a little of something I want will satisfy the craving better than a lot of it. Soda stops tasting as good before I get to the end of the can, potato chips are better for me in small doses, etc. One thing that has helped is an MCT oil supplement I take daily. They take the good stuff from coconut oil, and I wind up feeling satisfied with less of the fatty bad stuff when I eat it. Also helps shrink the appetite, with me at least. I also now drink a daily coffee in the afternoon before dinner with creamer made from coconut/palm oil, so it has a little of the same effect as the supplement. And I'm eating more fruit in place of candy, so that helps too. Any way the apple crisp is so good, butter, cinnamon, flour, oats, a little brown sugar, and a dash of salt for the topping on the apples. Definitely making some this weekend!
  4. Why thank you, Jess! Once I figure out how to transfer the pictures off my camera to my pc, I will. I have a whole bunch of new ones I want to share. Will have to sit down with my Dad this weekend in the hopes of figuring it out. My old camera gave up the ghost, but the new one is harder to figure out in some ways. Did a little more stitching on Renoir this evening, but it's going slow. Still, I'm not in any race, and I find the stitching very relaxing any way. Of course, the old Star trek reruns playing in the background do that too. Doctor's appointment went well, nothing wrong, just routine monitoring. Got wet leaving, as it started raining almost as soon as they showed me to an exam room. Luckily, it was only sprinkling where our house is, so my Dad was able to barbecue burgers for dinner. Tomorrow we're planning on Italian sausage and spaghetti, a favorite of mine. I think I'll bake an apple crisp this weekend, as I have a craving and a longing for fall to get here soon! I hate summer heat. It's pretty much been steamy and humid or raining here in NC.
  5. I finished the tudor musical instrument screen stitching last night. Took another photo for my collection. Started Renoir's vase of flowers and I know it's going to take at least twice maybe three times as long to do with all the color changes. Doctor's appointment this afternoon, dinner is supposed to be my dad barbecuing burgers.
  6. Passed the halfway mark, closing in on three quarters done with the background. Came up with a new design I've had kicking around in the back of the brain for a while. I found some lovely scrapbook paper at Micheals a few months ago that was the inspiration. Also was able to refine an older design I wasn't as happy with when I saw some new paper from itsy bitsy. So much fun! Dinner was leftover spinach lasagna. Not sure what tomorrow's will be.
  7. Congrats, Holly! I'm now a quarter done on the background of the screen. Can't wait to move on to something new. Discovered I need a little more fabric for the lap quilt, so I ordered another FQ of the inspiration print. I also need to sew up a mini coverlet for the mod project I'm working on. My hbs order came today, I still have a few things backordered, but hopefully I'll get them soon.
  8. Yes! First time experience for me. The house was moving under me, and so was the chair I was resting in. Very odd feeling.
  9. Still haven't figured out how to transfer pictures from the new camera to the pc, Holly. Maybe my dad can help me figure it out. He's a former computer programmer so technology likes him better than me. Moved on to the background color of the screen. I did about a quarter's worth of stitching tonight. Decided on the next stitching project, which will be a slow one, it has a lot of color changes. I'm doing a copy of Renoir's vase of flowers, the blue and cream picture, and will probably finish it off like a tapestry. Dinner was some nice roast beef, baked potato, crunchy onions, and squash. Had some ginger snaps for dessert. Dinner tomorrow will hopefully be bbq chicken.
  10. More colors completed with the screen. I just have two left for the design body and one for the background. Can't wait to finish, I'd say I'm about half done with it. Trying to decide what to do next. Must go looking in the stash for ideas. August and I'm enjoying myself immensely. Part of it is avoiding the heat. I have some batting now and backing fabric, so during the day I can start my lap quilt.
  11. Luckily I've been able to limit my time out and about and having to wear the darn thing! Otherwise I'd be a lot more stressed. Finished with the first two colors on the tudor screen. Steaming away on the stitching. Didn't think I'd be able to work on it tonight because I sat down in front of the tv and 10 minutes later the power had gone out due to a brief but very close and violent storm. Power was restored relatively quickly though, about 30 minutes later, so I was able to do my nightly stitching. Dinner was some tasty meatloaf and macaroni and cheese and peas. Tomorrow we'll be having spinach lasagna.
  12. I hate wearing the mask when I go out, but I do it. I run hot, wearing it makes me feel like I'm being cooked to death by my hot breath. Not to mention it steams up my glasses, so that vision correction I rely on? Useless. Everything is a blur without my glasses, and I can only see things clearly if they are at the end of my nose or closer. Finished the ginger jar pillow tonight despite running out of the background color. Substituted some cotton floss to finish it, since I was using silk floss. The colors are close, but thank goodness it was only an edge and part of a row of stitches, or the difference would be more noticeable. Started the tudor firescreen. 32 count seems so big now that I've been working in 40 count. I also managed to score some 18 count canvas for rugs, yay, from ebay. Someone was cleaning out a roll of canvas, I can only assume, since the dimensions are kind of odd, 12" on the short end, and over 40" on the long end. Still, It should make up quite a few Janet Granger patterns that I have for future builds. Hoping to start the lap quilt this weekend or next week. I need to go get a roll of batting.
  13. Two-thirds of the background done. Another night should see me finish this pillow. Than I think I will work on a piece for a future Tudor build: a little firescreen with musical instruments on a green background. Should be easier as I'll be working in 32 count instead of 40. I'm having more fun than is legal, lol. I got the fabric I ordered for the lap quilt I plan to make today. Loving the punchy colors. The seller was absolutely accurate with their pictures of the pieces. Here is a look at the one that inspired the whole idea: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BonEful-Fabric-FQ-Cotton-Quilt-Cream-Off-White-Red-Pink-Green-Yellow-Flower-Leaf/400544952381?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 Got it on sale besides!
  14. Only source I know is in the UK. I don't think their shipping takes too long, but it's been some time since I ordered from them. https://hobby.uk.com/1-12-steel-rule-1-12-scale.html
  15. I was able to finish a little over a quarter of the background on the pillow tonight. Yes! Progress, progress, despite my atrocious tv reception. I freely blame Isaias even though I'm not on the NC coast; we've been getting some storm action because of it.
  16. Hi and welcome, Carolyn. I'm from FL but live in NC now. Any time you're missing the mountains, go look at my album picture of a real life stained glass version of the blue ridge: Minis aren't my only creative pursuits...
  17. Finished all but the background for this pillow, so I expect to keep working at a good pace since I won't have to count as much. Dinner was bbqed steak, baked potato, corn on the cob, and some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies I made before dinner. Dad was lucky and took advantage of a lull between afternoon storms and grilled up a flank steak.
  18. Made lots of progress last night while watching the Yankees trounce the Bosox. I think I finished with at least three maybe two shades of the stitches I was making on the new pillow. Dinner was some nice chinese takeout, I had orange chicken with rice. If I keep up this pace, I'll be able to start a new project before week's end. Waiting on an hbs order in honor of my birthday; I wanted to take advantage of that 20% off coupon I used.
  19. Ouch! I have a recurring back problem, but it goes away and gets better usually after about a week. Feel better! I finished the swan pillow, yay! Started another, this one of a blue and white ginger jar that will go in the blue and cream build I'm planning. Should be an easier design as it has half the colors of the swan pillow. Same count though. Working small but full steam ahead. Dinner was some nice oven fried chicken. Not sure what I'll have tomorrow.
  20. Down to three colors left for the swan pillow. A light green, a medium green, and a dark blue. Every other color has been stitched, go me! Dinner was a matter of luck. Dad managed to escape a heavy rain to barbecue some spareribs. Yummy. Not sure what tomorrow's menu will be. Put in an order for the fabric I was thinking of making a new lap quilt out of. Very punchy, happy colors, and graphic prints. Think I'll do the moody one later in August to be used in the fall.
  21. I second the best wishes for recovery! I found I made an error in the swan pillow stitching, using the wrong color throughout for one of the symbols. Since 40 count is the very devil to try to unpick the mistakes, I decided instead to stitch over the wrong stitches with the proper color, making a slightly bulkier raised surface. Luckily, I think I still have enough of the wrongful color to use for it's correct symbol stitches. Sigh. On the other hand, I'm past the halfway mark now. Just received some pillows I ordered from brae yesterday for my mod inspired project. They're perfect, thanks! I can't wait to start building and displaying, but I'm still bringing all the pieces together. Dinner last night was some very tender roast beef, and tonight we're having turkey chili with strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert.
  22. Still making progress on the swan pillow. I've almost finished the white stitches, and I've passed the halfway mark. Dinner was an easy honey ham and swiss cheese coldcut sandwich on a bakery roll. Tonight we'll have leftover Italian sausage and spaghetti, garlic bread and salad. Not sure what my weekend plans are except for doing more stitching.
  23. Thanks, Carrie! Really speeding my way through the blue stitches on the swan pillow. So more progress made there. Birthday was very nice. I got 4 cards, one from my mom, one from my dad, one from my oldest brother and one from my favorite aunt. I even got some nice money for a future project. My cake turned out delicious; chocolate, my favorite! Today my dad plans to barbecue some cheeseburgers for us for dinner. I'll also do more stitching later.
  24. Thanks everyone. Did some work on my pattern collection yesterday, organizing, etc. Worked more on the swan pillow. Almost done with some green stitches, and started some blue stitches. Silk floss is also easier to thread through my needle. But I think for easy access, and color range, you can't beat DMC cotton floss. Looking forward to dinner later.