• Last visited

1 Neutral

About Leoin

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Amanda
  1. Hey guys! I've recently started trying to incorporate printies into my scenes (labels, food packaging, etc) but I'm having some trouble getting the quality I'd like. I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong, if my printer is the culprit, or ?? Currently I'm copy/pasting into OpenOffice (sites suggest doing the same into Word), and printing on 'best' setting on cardstock with my Kodak ESP 3200 Series AiO. I've also tried printing from Photoshop, but for some reason they print larger? I've been unable to find a step-by-step guide or something that explains how to get the best quality. I'm a perfectionist, so its annoying for me to see a clear image on my computer but get something muddy out of the printer. Should I just start trying to make my own at 300dpi?
  2. Thank you guys for the advice! I'll try again this weekend *grumble grumble* lol
  3. Hey guys! I started making my first roombox (a kitchen) last week out of foam core after seeing a few tutorials listed as using it. I added my wood flooring and wallpaper before putting the box together, and when I came back after a few days to look at the finished dried product everything was horribly warped. I attempted to glue it together and force it to straighten out since I was desperate, but that didn't end so great. Now I'm just discouraged. How do you go about making a roombox out of foam board? I just stumbled across something that said to glue/paper the backside too, but I don't see how that would prevent warp. Should I have glued it all together first? I have plenty of matboard, but since that is thinner, wouldn't it also warp? I really want to try my hand at making my own rooms, and I have no access to any kind of tool that would cut sturdier wood. Advice/links appreciated.