• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Jodi
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2580 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Big hug, Patti! Been there...
  2. Newcomer - Thought I'd Introduce Myself

A big hidy ho to you Rebecca, now that you're out of the shadows!   Looking forward to seeing photos of your projects!
  3. Total newbie from Germany here

Hi Mareike and welcome to the forum. As you can see there is no one or right way to go about the dollhouse. You are smart to read all you can before getting started, but starting is the best way to figure things out and learn. I often stare at my builds just so I can think through the next set of processes. Have fun! The Glencroft is such and interesting and detailed kit!
  4. Where to purchase your Dollhouse?

Right now HBS has a 'Save $25 on every $100 You Spend" sale. It includes everything on their site. Oct. 25 - Nov. 1 the sale will be 20% off everything. There are three more 20% off coupons in the month of Nov. Dec. 28th is the 26% off sale. This is a great time of year to sign up and stock up!
  5. Need inspiration, what ya cooking tonight

The shredded pork in the crock pot tonight. Smells so good! Another hour until the boys are home. Fall cole slaw with apples and baked beans, too...
  6. lev-vackert-resized.png

You are so welcome! I am also the beneficiary of so many talented and experienced forum members! It is truly a blessing that we have each other!
  7. lev-vackert-resized.png

Thanks Joanne! 
  8. lev-vackert-resized.png

I've experimented with all kinds. For this project the white and brown washes were simple watered down acrylic paint. I usually start by adding about a tablespoon of water into a small condiment cup. I add paint a little at a a time and apply on test pieces until I get close to the dried effect I'm after. At that point I sand and add more paint if needed, then repeat until it seems right. For the wax, I use FolkArt waxes made for their chalk paints. I have white, clear and antiquing which is dark brown. I also combine them in condiment cups to get a nice color. It's a great alternative to stain, because you can gradually add more color. If you really mess up you can sand it off, too! It stays nice and matte with a simple cotton cloth rub down, but you can also go really shiny by adding more layers, letting it dry, then buffing the heck out of it.
  9. lev-vackert-resized.png

Thanks Carrie! I love that you are along for the adventures!!!
  10. lev-vackert-resized.png

Thanks Sam! Fun, cheap and easy like a good time should be! I gave the goods on the blog, but as always am happy to remake for you with step by step photos if you like! 
  11. First time dollhouse

Welcome Jennifer!
  12. What's everyone working on?

I've just finished up a little week long passion project inspired by an Instagram photo. There are too many (and too large) photos to share on the forum. The blog post should be available after about 7:00pm PST. I did make some candle pillars and candles for the project, so created a How To if anyone needs super simple ones for a project: https://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/p/112th-scale-candle-pillar-candle.html  
  13. lev-vackert-resized.png

From the album Inspiration Projects

This project began after being inspired by an Instagram photo... See blog for the full story. Too many large photos to post here on the forum.
  14. What's everyone working on?

You are sooo cool, Nutti! I'd love to come over to your house to play! 
  15. Shower & lighting?.JPG

You're an awesome builder, Sam, and a supportive friend as well!