• Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Toni

Recent Profile Visitors

625 profile views
  1. BeaconHill-kitchen-1.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.
  2. How do you attach lights? What glue?

I use glue and superglue like the other ladies. However I had this one ceiling fan that I was trying to glue to a really uneven surface and it kept falling off over and over. I finally resorted to using a teeny tiny piece of loctite fun tak mounting putty and that did the trick. It hasn't fallen off since.
  3. Carved pocket doors

Oh my gosh! Those are gorgeous! I zoomed in on the pic and thought to myself, "I wonder where she got those doors?!" I'm in awe that you made them. Wow! Excellent work.
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

You're welcome, Kelly! It seems like a steal to me. It would be nice if someone on this forum got it. I would go up there myself but it's a 2 hour drive and that's just a bit too far for me. Ah, well. 
  5. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

For anyone in the Santa Rosa area (SF Bay Area) this seems like a really good deal. It looks like a RGTs dollhouse turntable originally priced at $185 selling for $30: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/for/d/dollhouse-display-table/6254719563.html
  6. A house of your dreams

Oh my gosh, he is amazing! I wish I could do that! Some people have all the talent.... 
  7. A house of your dreams

This is the one I would love to build and it was built from scratch by a member of this forum named Ronald James. It's the Carson Mansion in Eureka, CA. Love, love, love it sooooo much!    
  8. Replacement bulbs?

Before I buy replacement bulbs for my ceiling fan I want to make sure of this ... Are the screw in Miniature House candle flame bulbs different than the Houseworks ones? I have Houseworks replacement bulbs and they don't seem to fit my MH ceiling fan sockets. Looking under a magnifying glass I think I can see a difference but I'm not absolutely sure.   
  9. Holy Moly! That is one superb house. You must be in heaven! I almost went to her store last month when I was visiting my mom in Bellevue. Unfortunately, I waited too late in the day to make it there by closing time. When I go back up there in December I'll make sure to stop by and let her know that I saw her incredible creation. You're so lucky! :)
  10. Stockton Miniature Show

Really looking forward to it. Thank you!
  11. Sacramento Name House Party?

I could get lost in the IGMA website. The talent exhibited is just breathtaking. *sigh!* Thanks for the information on all of the shows, etc.. Someday I hope to have the means to travel around the country and see some of them. Fun, fun!
  12. Sacramento Name House Party?

Holly, are there ever IGMA shows to go to? I would LOVE to see those! I've never heard of Molly Cromwell or Tom Bishop but I'll be sure to google both of them tonight. I don't remember writing my address down last year, Emily. I'll make sure to do that this year. Thanks for the link to the website. I really want to try a workshop! Are they hard to get into? By that I mean, do you have to sign up immediately once they're announced? Thanks for all of the info!
  13. Sacramento Name House Party?

Thanks, Sable :) Is that what the Good Sam show is, also? I went to that one last year and was wondering about the workshops. Isn't there an IGMA club, too? Is that the international version of NAME? I guess I'm just trying to understand the miniature world a little bit since I'm beginning to see references here and there to a few of the clubs and organizations. Anyway, I'm excited for the Sacramento show. I spent all 3 days at the Good Sam show last year and had a blast!
  14. I'm not sure I understand what a NAME house party is exactly. Could someone please help me out? The Sacramento NAME House Party is coming up and I'm wondering what it's all about. I see that it's 3 days long and the general public (me) is allowed to go on one of those days. What happens during the other two days? Do you have to be invited to be a NAME member or can anyone become one? Is the house party a convention? It sounds like so much fun ... I'm really looking forward to the public day. Thanks!
  15. anyone collect Vermont Teddy Bears?

I don't collect the bears but I'd be so curious to see what you find out. I did manage to dig this up though which might help a little? : The Vermont Teddy Bear Company was created in 1981 when 30 year old John Sortino began sewing a cloth teddy on his wife's sewing machine for his newborn son. Later bears were machine washable, had movable arms and legs (jointed) and were cuddly and safe for children. They had "personality"! John was determined there should be American Made Teddy Bears after seeing the plush animals his son had that were made overseas! He sold 50 bears in 1981 and 200 bears in 1982. It wasn't until 1990, when he pioneered the "Bear-Gram", advertised via radio personalities live on air during their shows, that sales really took off for Vermont, with 91% of its orders coming in via telephone on the "Gift Line". Does your bear have jointed arms and legs?