About AberITV

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Dani
  • Country
    United States/Canada
  1. I've actually been in touch with the DHE folks with a few questions about their new site and shipping is more affordable from their dhemini's site than direct from their UK site. They've lowered their shipping costs at the US site for the US customers and I love that they did that. And I think if you take a look, they have a special offer going right now that includes some free furniture and accessories on orders over $60! I'm going to request a catalog from them today and see what kinds of goodies I can get. I'm so glad they came over here! YAY!
  2. Just found these threads of yours and had to jump in. These DHE kits are so wonderful! Congratulations! I've put a few of their larger kits together, as well as the basements, and I love them. They are also the easiest kits to electrify for lights because you can run your wiring out the back walls, or along the floors and out through the back wall, and everything is hidden in the rear. Looking forward to see what you do with yours, so keep the pictures coming! ;)
  3. By this time next month, I'll be knee deep in the construction of my Willowcrest and I'm already in the planning stages of how I'm going to alter the design a bit and decorate it. My alteration plans include extending out the two bays on the first floor and I will want to add a couple extra windows. It should be easy enough to duplicate the window framing with scrap wood, but I was wondering if Greenleaf sells extra sheets of the actual window acetate with the white lines on it so that my extra windows can match the rest of the windows? :hug: Thanks in advance for your help!
  4. I don't suppose this type of beamed ceiling would be appropriate in a second empire victorian home, like the Willowcrest? I like the look, but if it's not something that would ever be found in such a home I wouldn't want to do it. How easy is it to do the ceiling/roof if the standard issue kit support parts aren't used? Any feedback would be appreciated since I will be starting this kit next month. Thanks!
  5. Ok, wonderful! Whew! Boy, am I glad. I have a thing for staircases and it bothers me if a house doesn't have them. Thank you so much for all the input. I'll be sure to post pictures as I get going.
  6. Hi, my name is Dani and I'm new here. I'm considering getting the Willowcrest kit next month and have a question about it. I can see in the interior photo at the Greenleaf website that there is a staircase that goes from the second floor to the third, but can't tell if the staircase also goes from the first to the second floor. The picture just doesn't show it on the first floor, and I'm hoping it's there...somewhere. B) Surely, there must be someone here that has done this kit and can help? Thanks so much! :thumb: Dani