Mini Maker

Gold Member
  • Last visited

46 Excellent

About Mini Maker

Profile Information

• Interests
    I like: building small things, art, historic architecture, fountain pens, animals, travel, writing, reading, chocolate, the beach... not in any particular order

Retained

• Member Title
    build it small

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    joanne
  • Country
    Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

692 profile views
  1. Sable - i'm five seven, not extremely thin, with short grey hair (sounds like a lot of "in training for old age" women, huh?), and will be with a much shorter lady with beautiful blonde/grey hair (enrolled in the same training course). It'd be neat to meet someone from the forum.
  2. Sable, if I see you on the turnpike I'll wave! I'm heading down to St. Cloud Thursday, going to the show Saturday with a friend who lives down there. This'll be my first show and I can't wait!!!
  3. Mini Maker

front

very nice looking house. i love the house color, and the shingle colors are great!
  4. Deb, your cat and fabric story almost makes me want to get another cat. Cats are great entertainment, huh?
  5. Mini Maker

Gallery

So i'm not the only one feeling quite lost!
  6. wow. i just watched that movie yesterday afternoon. hillarious movie. how cool that there is a mini of that trailer!
  7. Mini Maker

Halcyon Quay - half scale Buttercup

Halcyon Quay is a retired sea captain's home on the south coast of England
  8. I have the white set but am kind of liking the red now. The lights in the oven and fridge really bring the room to life.
  9. Not to hijack either, but that stucco is awesome!
  10. Ok, no sealant needed before or after. My blocks are 5/16 x 5/8 for my half scale house. I'm about half way through gluing them on. I meant to paint the walls dark grey before starting but in my excitement to start with the blocks I forgot. I'll be sure to get the gaps between blocks with the base coat of paint. Thank you all for the information.
  11. I'm currently adding the egg carton stone blocks to my house. I will not be using grout. I've been trying to decide whether to seal the egg carton material before painting. Seems like sealing before painting would help keep the texture from flattening out during water based paint application. Does anyone seal before painting, or is the moisture of paint not an issue with the paper egg carton texture?
  12. thanks for the floor comments. this floor is version two. the texture of the first one just looked too much like wood for me to live with. i'm very happy with this one, and proud of it.
  13. "And now I'm utterly broke and must cut back on food for the rest of the month." Today is the first of the month. There are a lot of days left this month. Do we need to gather up care baskets so you don't starve? : ) I'm beginning to spend too much money on this stuff too but it is so much fun!