• Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Please Select
  • Real Name Cheryl
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

730 profile views
  1. Window assembly

From the album Glencroft

I didn't like the windows that came with the kit, I wanted more authentic looking leaded windows. My fiance (we got engaged in June!) helped me with making leaded-looking panes from thin strips of plastic. They are glued together to make the shapes of the panes, then painted black, and then laid onto a clear acetate sheet glued between the wood frames, and then I used drops of Future Floor Wax to fill in the panes. It holds it in place when it dries and creates an old glass effect that I like. The circle pieces are especially challenging, and he has carved them out of plastic for me.
  2. Windows

From the album Glencroft

The windows are not glued into place yet. I see some separation/gaps in the plastic panes that I will need to work on.
  3. 5d850d37bc241-Sept820196.jpg

From the album Glencroft

I didn't like the windows that came with the kit, I wanted more authentic looking leaded windows. My fiance (we got engaged in June!) helped me with making leaded-looking panes from thin strips of plastic. They are glued together to make the shapes of the panes, then painted black, and then laid onto a clear acetate sheet glued between the wood frames, and then I used drops of Future Floor Wax to fill in the panes. It holds it in place when it dries and creates an old glass effect that I like. The circle pieces are especially challenging, and he has carved them out of plastic for me.
  4. 5d850d3732cfd-Sept820194.jpg

From the album Glencroft

Slowly getting there...
  5. Windows

From the album Glencroft

6. Windows

From the album Glencroft

7. 5d850d351bec7-Sept22019.jpg

From the album Glencroft

8. 5d850d346c084-Sept220193.jpg

From the album Glencroft

9. Windows

From the album Glencroft

10. Interior window frames

From the album Glencroft

Now I'm ready to move on to the windows!
  11. Outside trim complete

From the album Glencroft

12. Outside trim complete

From the album Glencroft

It's beginning to look like a Tudor house!
  13. 5d791d435c607-July2120195.jpg

From the album Glencroft

14. Interior Window Frames

From the album Glencroft

15. Building the roof

From the album Glencroft

I used finishing nails along with glue to get the curved piece into place and staying put!