IAK

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by IAK

1. Coffee stirrer sticks are the best for this. If you can find them. Thinner then skinny sticks
  2. This is exactly how I found this Greenleaf forum many years ago when building my Garfield! Was stuck on the side stair on the porch because the instructions were not clear. This forum, pictures and blog has helped me many times. You can check out my Garfield also in my Gallery if you need to. Good luck and happy building!
  3. This is how it looks from the outside
  4. This is the only time i use hot glue. Fast and efficient. I did this with the siding on my BH built 9 years ago and still holding strong. No warping with glue or paint
  5. I bumped out the side of my BH kitchen and added a sunporch above the addition
  6. IAK

Stairs

From the album: Laural with some bashing

I decided to use these stairs I had kicking around instead of using the kit ones. Also swaped the second floor landing
  7. IAK

Left side with paint

From the album: Laural with some bashing

Added a skylight
  8. From the album: Laural with some bashing

I eliminated the side door
  9. We had a bakery swap a few years back here and got some realistic baked goods. Here they are displayed in my Garfield. I think everybody did a great job on these. Look good enough to eat
  10. Literally at the very early stages but my mind is jammed with ideas
  11. As you can see from my new profile picture we've been busy with all of our grandchildren ❤️
  12. Holly it feels so good to jump back in the saddle again
  13. Dug out my Laural. Started building it for my 4 year old granddaughter. Havent built in about 7 years Forgot how fun this was
  14. Been very busy...3 of my 4 girls are married and i have 7 grandchildren. So needless to say ive been busy being a Grams 6 grandsons and 1 little princess granddaughter Im dying to build her a dollhouse in fact i have the laurel waiting in the box but she lives in CA and Im in NJ so just dont know how i would get it safely across the country. . I retired 1 1/2 years ago to spend time with the Grands Would love to build again but I ran out of places for dollhouses. Having a Beacon Hill and a Garfield is all i can find room for in my house! Happy to chat with you all again. Thanks for including me in the Facebook Post
  15. Hi all. Took awhile figuring out a new password but I've made it back in to the forum
  16. IAK

Egg crates

Here's a close up of it
  17. IAK

Egg crates

I used egg cartons to make my Beacon Hill Chimney...Loved the results