IAK

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by IAK

1. The insturctions are not helpful what so ever. I've had to go off of other people's blogs to help me figure out the foundation. Such as #14 through #18 aren't labeled were to go on the foundation piece. They have labels for #1 through #13 but not the rest. I've had to go off the picture and what fit best. Thank goodness for masking tape!

This is exactly how I found this Greenleaf forum many years ago when building my Garfield! Was stuck on the side stair on the porch because the instructions were not clear. This forum, pictures and blog has helped me many times. You can check out my Garfield also in my Gallery if you need to. Good luck and happy building!

2. Welcome home again. I'm still pouring tea so come and sit and tell us all about where you've been and what you've been up to.

Been very busy...3 of my 4 girls are married and i have 7 grandchildren. So needless to say ive been busy being a Grams 6 grandsons and 1 little princess granddaughter Im dying to build her a dollhouse in fact i have the laurel waiting in the box but she lives in CA and Im in NJ so just dont know how i would get it safely across the country. . I retired 1 1/2 years ago to spend time with the Grands Would love to build again but I ran out of places for dollhouses. Having a Beacon Hill and a Garfield is all i can find room for in my house! Happy to chat with you all again. Thanks for including me in the Facebook Post

• Like 2
  3. Hi Deb...I hope you're feeling well...Actually I have sewn Christening outfits for 2 of my grandsons but am having fun sewing a "gown" for my new Grand daughter. I have attached pictures of the boys outfits and will share the "girly" one when it is done

post-663-0-99821000-1314839000_thumb.jpg

4. Hi Wendy...

Thinking about the Laurel...I just think it's a great house for little girls...We shall see, right now I am working on the baby's christening outfit. I think I have time until she is ready to play with a dollhouse. Plus they live in CA and I will have to figure out how to get it to her.

5. Ah Jeez..thanks Jo...I checked out your Garfield today...all I can say is WOW! If I inspired that I'm feeling good!...Gotta get my groove on again

6. Hey there...

I haven't been around these parts in sooo long. Being hurricane Irene (my hurricane) was visiting this weekend I took the opportunity to clean up my craft room and started looking through all my dollhouse stuff. Kinda got me in the mood to build again. I also took the time to CLEAN my built houses...Wow...they do get dusty. My first grand daughter was born on 7/29 and got me thinking I need to make her a dollhouse. Finally a girl! That make 4 grandsons and 1 grand daughter now...We also have another grandbaby on the way due this February, not sure if a boy or a girl yet....I'm sure there are many new faces here but still the old familiar ones...

Irene

7. Hi Holly :) I've been busy with my 4 grandsons...3 are driving distance from me and 1 is in CA and I'm going to see him in a couple of weeks. I stop in now and then to see if any familiar faces are still here. Like I said maybe someday I'll get back to building. I must say my grandsons just love playing with my Garfield and they are so gentle with it, they know it's special :)