• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kim
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

604 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Thank for the link!  
  2. What's everyone working on?

She is beautiful! Did you make her? Or is she a kit? I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to do dolls.  Kim
  3. I had the same thing happen. I started the Aster Cottage then we moved. I'd had it for about 15 years before I even started it, the wood was very brittle and when we moved this last time it shattered in several places. Luckily, I hadn't gotten very far. But I just bought a new Aster a few weeks ago and I'm going to start fresh. 
  4. Window Seat

Same here. I've always thought of a window seat as a built-in box under the window with cushions.   
  5. Electricity and false walls...

Thanks for all the options! I'm not wallpapering, I'm planning on doing stucco. I'm toying with the floor method, Sable mentioned. I think that might work best. 
  6. Another newbie

I'm totally impressed with your rendering! I can't imagine what you will do with the actual project! Can't wait to see the progress.  Kim
  7. Electricity and false walls...

Thank you both. I'm thinking about doing a stucco interior. I'm not sure how that would work. I'll play around with some mat board and see how that looks.  Thank you! 
  8. I tried to find the answer to this question, but despite the many topics on electricity, I couldn't find the answer to this question. Either I'm not using the right keywords, or I just missed it.  I think I read somewhere that you should use false walls, ceiling, and floors so if a light quits working you can replace the tape. This seems like a lot of work, and I'm not sure it would look right. I'm ready to start planning the electric but not sure if I should do this step or not.  I would be interested to hear how others have done this step. 
  9. Lisa, you should check that link about Jenn/Elsbeth link. So much inspiration! 
  10. This is fabulous! Thank you! So you do all this with your Explore Air? You don't have the Maker?  I love your green cabinets for the store! 
  11. This awesome! Thank you for the link! 
  12. I've had my Explore 2 ( think that's the one I have) for about two years, but I'm thinking about asking for the Maker for Christmas. I would love to be able to cut wood and other thicker material now that I know I can use it with this hobby as well.   
  13. Just a fun topic. I am also a scrapbooker and card maker so I have tons of papers and stuff to use in my miniature making. I just discovered the use of my Cricut! I am using it to cut the oven doors for my medieval times type brick fireplace. I was so excited to find this worked! Then I made a template to make the heart thumbprint cookies that are in Mrs. Claus' kitchen. I can make the clay cookies and have a heart-shaped template to dab the perfect heart on top. Now, I'm on the hunt for more things to make with my Cricut. Does anyone else use this? What do you do with it? Kim 
  14. Real bricks

I'm going to try the paper clay for stonework. I use builders foam for my bricks. Still experimenting with my technique, but I posted a couple of pictures here last night of brick I'm working on for a wall fireplace. 
  15. Real bricks

I agree! Those old brick buildings are beautiful. But I do find it enjoyable to try and come up with some as similar as possible. What do you use for your bricks? I'm always on the hunt for new ideas.    Kim