• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kim
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

663 profile views
  1. Sofa

This is going to look amazing! I can't wait to see it completed.  KIm 
  2. Inside or outside first?

Jackie, lol I love your Murphy's Law! Made me smile.  Murphy's Law Of Miniatures #126:  It fits perfectly - until you put the glue on. Thanks for your response!    Kim
  3. Inside or outside first?

I'll have to look at the box, I bought it from Greenleaf... Aster Cottage.   
  4. Inside or outside first?

I should have spent more time in the dry fit stage! LOL I'm trying to make sure I don't do something and then realize I should have done something else first. Like, the windows... I'm really disappointed in my kit... most of the interior windows won't work, I'll have to figure out how to make new ones. When removing them from the packaging they either broke in half or split down the middle.   
  5. Inside or outside first?

Curious what your process is. I've read both suggested... completed the shell, including all the outside finishes, first then the inside, or complete the inside first. Does it matter? Is it just a preference?  My shell is complete, I've been added finishes inside as needed, i.e. when I don't think I'll be able to reach places once all the walls are done.  Just curious. Thanks!  Kim
  6. Bookcases II

This is a lovely piece! What a great job!  Kim
  7. Bookcases II

You have done a wonderful job explaining and detailing what you're doing. Thank you so much for doing this. It has been fun to see the step-by-step. Thank you!  Kim
  8. Kit bash construction

From the album Aster Cottage

Building the faux stairs. The handle rail is a lollipop stick, two pins, and cardstock. 
  9. New foundation

I originally used the eggshells but didn't like the look. I've changed to use the egg carton and I love it so much better! 
  10. Elf Cubbies

This is for the upper level of Aster Cottage where the Elves bedrooms will be. This will hide the steps where the walls are intersecting. 
  11. Elf cubbies

This is for the upper level of Aster Cottage where the Elves bedrooms will be. This will hide the steps where the walls are intersecting. 
  12. Elf cubbies

13. Aster Cottage

This will become Mrs. Clauses kitchen from my favorite childhood book, Jolly Old Santa Clause   I've had to do some rearranging to make this kit work. I've never bashed a kit before, but I'm happy with how it's going. I extended the upper level to be a full floor rather than a loft. I added a section to the lower level and added faux stairs. Since the middle of those two walls goes right through the stair opening, I built a  half wall that will cover it up.
  14. Aster Cottage

This will become Mrs. Clauses kitchen from my favorite childhood book, Jolly Old Santa Clause   I've had to do some rearranging to make this kit work. I've never bashed a kit before, but I'm happy with how it's going. I extended the upper level to be a full floor rather than a loft. I added a section to the lower level and added faux stairs. Since the middle of those two walls goes right through the stair opening, I built a  half wall that will cover it up. I was inspired to arch both doorways to match the arch at the stairs. Kim
  15. finished one room

I love this! I would love to know how you built those curved stairs! I just completed something almost exactly like this... they are ok, but I love how yours turned out.  Kim