sandilpn

Gold Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About sandilpn

Profile Information

• Interests
    minis, um, minis, um, building minis and, oh yeah! buying minis!

Retained

• Member Title
    mini crazy lady

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Sandra
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,170 profile views
  1. Congrats to all 5 lucky winners and congrats to all the lucky winners so far! The next one is out of this world! I don't know what I'd even do with it, but I registered anyway. Thanks Dean and the team for all this fun stuff!!! Sandra
  2. I searched all over! I think I have looked at every main page. I am having trouble finding it. It must not be very obvious.
  3. Even thought I am looking forward to NOT be working for someone else, I want to bring in some money, even if it is not what I am making now. My husband isn't as concerned as much about the money as I am. He just warned me that we would be tighter with the budget (obviously) since he'd be taking over the bills I am currently paying (leaving less money for the month). There are a lot of costs that I incur now that I won't once I'm home. Gas, lunches, etc. I am the one that feels like this, not him. I know at first that I am probably going to be exhausted. Once I have a good grasp on caring for the kiddo and keeping the house up, I want to contribute. Maybe I will sell things on ebay. I have heard of people making good money that way. I'd just have to make sure I watch the auctions, check in once a day to make sure I don't have any questions, mail stuff out once it has been paid for, etc. Since I have PayPal, is should be fairly easy. Yes, this is our first child. Unfortunately, all of the people in our neighborhood are older with teens. Oh yes, I'll be taking care of the *whole* house (except toilets which I refuse to do) and the kiddo. I am already taking care of pretty much everything except the laundry (which he does) and the vacuuming (which we both do, whenever it needs it). Hmmm...I forgot to mow the lawn Sunday, maybe I'll do it tomorrow night... he usually does it, but he has been busy at work lately and comes home exhausted, poor dear. I am going to have to do some more looking. One of the girls at work sells books she finds at Garage Sales. Makes good supplementary income from it too. Researches to see how much it's worth, then sets it on ebay. There is also the SMC corporation that you always see advertised...you'd think that they'd have flooded the market by now. That one sounds like a scam too.
  4. very nice guys! like the harmonious blend. A nice change. Thanks!
  5. Thanks for the information! I was SOOO hoping they were legit. That would be such a good deal for those of us who love minis and want to contribute to the mini world (while still getting paid). Sandra
  6. So, do you know of any companies that are legit? I would really like to contribute to our income (even if it means buying just one meal a week) rather than have him shoulder the burden of carrying all 3 of us. Thanks for all leads! Sandra
  7. I had the same problem with my dog. My hubby and I have a standard poodle (hypoallergenic-very rare to be allergic to them). He is a good sized dog, but not much taller than my knee. I think, not long after we got him (I think when he was 5 months old), my MIL said something about him being shut away while company was here. I said something to the effect that 'this is his house too, and he is better behaved than most 2yos'. My hubby said nothing, but silently agreed with me, I found out later. She said nothing more about it and hasn't since. Ashton has a set of hand cues taught to him so that he knows what a person expects of him. He will respond to the cues he is used to. Putting your hands in the air is non-verbal sign to jump up and grab something (usually a toy or a treat) gently out of the hand. Well, being afraid of him and his actions, she'd throw her hands in the air in nervousness and dance around. You can imagine how Ashton perceived that one! We have since taught her these hand signs and not to pay attention to him if he is acting wild. She still forgets sometimes. I know it's not funny, but I can't help but chuckle sometimes. She was also very vehement about us even getting a dog because her poor son (my hubby) is deathly allergic to dogs. PLEASE! He can be around a ton of dogs (shedding dogs) and maybe come out with a sniffle, maybe itchy eyes at the VERY most. I am the same way in that respect. Ashton is a standard poodle (non-shedding) for goodness sake. If he is allergic to Ash, then he has bigger problems. Anyway, I guess my point is that I empathize with your situation. I have to have the house immaculate when my MIL, family or friends come over. Hubby insists. I insist that he needs to help then, and well, he will. I never prepare food unless it is a special occasion, say a party, a b-day party, a shower, etc. If they are just stopping by to see the house or the pond or the trains (and after the baby is born) the baby, I offer a beverage. I don't prepare any food because I figure that they will be here maybe an hour, 2 hours at the most. This may sound mean, but while I do enjoy their company, I start to get restless or disconnected if they stay too long and I have trouble focusing on conversations. Not having treats and whatnot discourages a longer stay. It makes it so I don't get annoyed, which my hubby understands. I just don't have the stamina right now (nor have I really ever had it) to endure 3-4 hours of chit chat that I may not even really care (or know) that much about. Ok, now that this has become a novel, I am going to bed soon...sorry for the rant. Guess I needed to talk. Sandra
  8. Hi! I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with Tiny Details Assembly Company. It is the place that you order a set, give a deposit, make the products at home and then send it back and they send a check. My hubby is a little skeptical, so I thought I'd ask on the board. http://www.tinydetails.com/current.asp I am looking for some way of making money (even a little) after our baby is born and wondered if anyone has done this. I don't like the idea of being a complete drain on my poor hubby. I do not want to do any of the sales programs out there if I can help it. (Pampered Chef, Discovery Toys, Etc) Been there, not hard, but done that. With a baby I am just not sure if I could make enough money to be worth it (I didn't with Stampin' Up!® and I was good at that!). If anyone has any stay at home mom ideas, please let me know. I'd even fold mailings if it paid a decent enough wage. Even thought about selling on E-bay! Sandra
  9. I was thinking I might turn this house into a trading post or an backwoods cabin or possibly even a small bunkhouse. Not quite sure yet, but there are many possibilities..
  10. I am forcing myself to consider this house (my Dura-craft Queen Anne) to be THE FIRST major build using techniques I have learned here. Sure, I've built other houses, but this the first major project that I have taken on. I am making myself go slow--I am sanding and painting all the exterior surfaces first. Then I will paint all the basic trims (with my second color). Then, when that is done, I will add my third color (still deciding on 3 or 4 colors) in small places here and there. I am thinking the door and a few of the parts ornamenting the house will be a 4th color, but I am unsure yet. I just know that I want it to be a bold color. 1st color: a nice creamy beige that works with nearly every color 2nd color: a gorgeous deep blue 3rd color: a sage green, but it is a little darker than the ordinary sage 4th color: a nice coral color, that is more red than orangy What say all of those who are color gurus? Think this will be awesome? I hope so. I have thought this through many times. All the colors seem to flow together into a nice harmony when put together on samples.
  11. Ok, my original idea is not going to work for this swap, however, I have a new idea!!! Please sign me up!
  12. MY New Year's resolution? Well, let's see...I have several. 1. get the Nordic Track from my mom-in-law (that she said I could use) so that I can start exercising and get this extra weight off. 2. have one of my houses so well done that I can enter it in our state fair this year (possibly the Queen Anne, although the idea of doing a little house--the Batrie Cape Cod could be a cute farmhouse). AND (drum roll please..) 3. start working on a little one this summer. (we'll have been married 3 years and people keep nudging us to get a move on, LOL) Other than that, who knows...more may come up..
  13. I am in the same boat--I got all excited about my Queen Anne (she MUST be finished first) and my Emerson Row is staring at me from behind the other dollhouses leaned against it. He hasn't told me what he wants to be yet for sure and what colors he wants. I am thinking I will suggest he be a doctor's (don't know what kind of DR yet, however) residence and office. I think the Queen Anne is going to be a B&B, but that is still up in the air.