Retained

• Member Title
    Tamara

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Tammi
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thank you everyone for your help! Emily, I read your blog and you have waaaay more patience than I do. Here in northwestern Pennsylvania, a lot of homes have the new style metal roofs, since acid rain turns shingles ugly. I wanted my dollhouse to have that type of roof, since I'm not sure I'm ready to do shingles. I trimmed off a small strip and tried two test paint spots using Behrs interior acrylic. It seems to cover ok, but I can scrape it off with a fingernail, so we will see. Like I said, hubby wants to try the Krylon for plastic. I did send an email to Model Builders Supply, and received this reply: "Just as the directions say, use acrylic paint to paint, if you are weathering it then paint in stages going from light colours to dark letting each coat dry in between. For glueing we recommend MBS GLOOP, but if that is not readily available, you can use panel adhesive being careful to make sure you leave a few minutes from the time you apply the adhesive to the time you press in place." Once again, thank you for helping this newbie!!
  2. Thanks, Luanne. My DH thinks we should use Kryoln for plastic spray paint. Still researching glue. This is my first dollhouse, bought assembled, but unfinished.
  3. Has anyone used the plastic (styrene?) ribbed roofing sheets on their dollhouse instead of shingles? Could also be used as board and batten on sides. The directions for painting and gluing are not helpful. How did you paint it, and what glue did you use to attach it to wood? Thanks!
  4. Thanks, every one for the welcome and the tips. Will keep you posted on what I decide! This forum is so interesting, I'm glad I joined. Tammi
  5. Havanaholly, since I have never built before and find myself somewhat shaky some days, I thought building a kit with the heavier, thicker wood might be best for my first build. Nothing against GL, I love the looks of them and hope to build one eventually.
  6. Hi! I am working on my first ever dollhouse. I got it on a flea market site, already built, but not finished. I'm really enjoying fixing it up, making some of my own furniture and accessories. It is almost done, and I am starting to think about what to do next. Would like to try my hand at building a simple house from a kit. I am leery of working with the thinner wood until I get some building experience under my belt. Thinking about RGT Beachside Bungalow or the Victorian Cottage Jr, as I'm thinking of making a beachy-themed house. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!