sage minis

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by sage minis

1. Thank you everyone for very helpful information.  Selkie, curiously I had seen Caseymini's room boxes and  Nana's minis hacienda on their sites.  Before I discovered all this - those two sites were very much inspirations to me to keep using bits to create furnture and accessories out of "scraps".  Also the variety and detail of their work made me realize there are others that love having their minds and creativity live in a miniature world.  Now I know it is not just a few - it is MANY!!!

Holly - thanks for the tile info - I will pay closer attention to my packing materials!  It's not just foam and cardboard for mattresses and furniture. . .   l 

2. Hi Mike - Could you tell me the name of the kit?  Even if it is not available in the U.S. - pictures might help with ideas.  I really do want something that challenges me for a long period of time as I become a bit obsessed when working on a house.  Looking forward to seeing an album of your Casa Blanca someday. . . 

3. Hi Greenleaf Community -  Several months ago Debra From Olde Cape Cod invited me to join this forum.  I found and immensely enjoyed her work on Pinterest.  I have only built one dollhouse completely from scratch (kit).  It is a Greenleaf Arthur, that a friend gave me after she'd had it for many years unmade.  She found she wasn't a dollhouse enthusiast, can you believe it?!  This house has been through 2 incarnations in the last year, a regular house and now Santa's  house.  

Most of my houses have been "rescues".  I buy rundown "properties" and fix them up.  I guess you could call me the dollhouse rehab addict.  My best haunts are second hand stores and garage sales.  My favorite project so far, has been turning The San Franciscan (by Duracraft) into a steampunk house.  In the past I've bought and sold (or donated for good causes) 4 houses.  This past year I started working on dollhouses again and my house is filling up  with minis.  To say they bring me joy is an understatement.  I've been a crafter my whole life and this is the best!!!    sage  minis