Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Courtney
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

717 profile views
  1. I never would have thought of that. Thanks, that makes perfect sense now!
  2. Just say this. I'm at this stage right now. The junction splice prongs are longer than the thickness of the wood. Trying to figure out where to put it. Have you figured yours out yet?
  3. It's real screen. We have a window on the back screened in porch (that we never use) that is ripped so i cut a small piece off. My husband made fun of me. We have to replace it anyway right? Ha!
  4. I made a new set of stairs for the first floor but am keeping the original stairs on the second floor. I'm pretty proud that I also doctored up the original kitchen door and made a screen door from scratch.
  5. I got the holiday kitchen rack as a gift for Christmas. Then I thought, hey that will work in my house, so I went and got one on clearance after Christmas!
  6. I asked myself the same question after I had the dry fit up already. I'm a first timer also, so my solution was to keep all pieces together by sheet #. Starting from the beginning. I labeled every piece on each sheet by piece name and sheet number after I opened the box. Back to your question...I put all small pieces in a gallon baggy and put the sheet number on the baggy. The large pieces stand behind the baggy with everything in numerical order. Might sound crazy and not work for everyone, but it has worked so far for me. Everything is still labeled and easy to find since it is all in order. You will find what works for you. Good luck!
  7. I thought it would be better to go ahead and glue as well. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks!
  8. I finished the dry fit and I'm ready to start gluing. I am using the original kitchen door that I added details to. I also made a screen door. I am wondering if I should attach the hinges while I'm able to lay the wall flat. But, if I add them now, I wonder what will happen down the road when I put the siding on. I'm just not sure what the best route will be at this point. I can just imagine how hard it will be to nail the itty bitty nails when the wall is standing up and with the odd angles. Also, whether I put the door on now or later, should I use the tiny nails only or should I add a little glue as well as nail the hinges? Thanks for any and all advice!
  9. Wow, I love the way that looks! The grey in the studio is about the same color as our real life bathroom that we just painted. Im using the leftover paint for the exterior color with white trim. Honestly, I'm not big fan of wallpaper in real life, and people say to decorate like you would your real house, so I love the clean look of painted walls. I did find a scrapbook paper that I want to use somewhere too that has a pretty design.
  10. I really like how it looks in her picture so I'm anxious to try it and see how it works/looks for me.
  11. That is it! No idea where I got that it started with La/Le. I searched for a good hour last night before I finally gave up and asked on this post. Thank you so much!!
  12. I know it's like finding a needle in a haystack but I saw on a post once where someone used an art paper that, if I remember right, sounded like it had a French sounding name. Started with La or Le. I can't remember the second word or where they said they bought it. They said it came in a variety of colors on big sheets or roll. I remember Googling for it after I saw the post and it seems like it was around $13 or $14 per book or roll. I remember the picture they shared on the post and everything, just not the name or who posted it. Anyone recall the brand?
  13. Thanks Havanaholly! Smjsome, Hobby Lobby has a mini dollhouse section in the store that has furniture, dishes, decor, etc. It's not a huge section, but it is cinvenient. You can use your 40% off coupon too.