• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Ellie
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

253 profile views
  1. Yeah, I have 5 posts so I will put pictures in my gallery.
  2. Duracraft VM800 Victorian Mansion remodel I decided I did't like the 'linoleum' floor in the kitchen (actually contact paper), so I installed hardwood and stained it to match the rest of the 1st floor. I had carpet on the 2nd floor because the kit only came with enough wood flooring strips for the 1st floor. I removed the carpet and replaced it with wood flooring. I'm finishing up the floor in the 2nd floor 5-sided tower room. It's challenging to get in there to get a proper fit.
  3. Continuing with progress on my Duracraft VM800 Victorian Mansion......Much of the wallpaper was faded and discolored so I replaced all the 1st and 2nd floor wallpaper. I had to remove the window trim which I had originally attached with a hot glue gun. My hairdryer wasn't cutting it so I borrowed my husband's heat gun (used for shrink tubing) and managed to loosen the glue without setting the wallpaper or the house on fire.
  4. Hello All, I can't believe it's been over three years since I joined this forum! Life can certainly get in the way of dollhouse building. I did get new doors for my Duracraft VM800 Victorian Mansion. I tried making my own doors but was not happy with the results. With my handy husband's help, we did successfully enlarge the existing openings and installed new doors. Since then I have been remodeling my original build. The exterior paint was a soooo 80's avocado green so I repainted it blue. Remember, I started building this house in the early 1980's. I completed the porch, the porch railings and roof, and laid a plank floor. More to come. I'm trying to get my 5 posts in so I can start my picture gallery.
  5. Thank you for the warm welcome and suggestions. I have never constructed anything without a kit. Maybe it's time I tried. Or I may see if I can modify door from a miniature supplier. I was going to attach a photo of the ugly door and my in progress house but I found out I need to have five posts before I can do that.
  6. Hello all, I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this forum. I purchased a VM-800 about 30 years ago and very nearly completed it - except for the roof and the porch railings. Then we bought a real house - a fixer-upper so the dollhouse was stored away. Now I am retired and would like to finish it. I have all the parts, instructions, etc. It's painted, electrified, wallpapered, the flooring is in, and I have a lot of furniture. I actually started out collecting miniature furniture and later decided I needed a house for my collection. My problem is that I don't like the doors that came with the kit and would like to replace them with more authentic looking doors. In researching this I find that all the available 1:12 doors are much bigger than the openings on the house - by as much as a 1/2". I am a little nervous about enlarging the openings. Has anyone done this before and do you have any tips? Or are there other sources for the doors? I have looked at Houseworks and some others on miniatures.com. Any help would be appreciated.