Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Elizabeth
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. At what point do I glue the shell? Do I put the entire house together first? Then start all over? Thx!
  2. OK, I'm finally getting the hang of this. I realize I have to really carve out pieces to make them fit! I'm about 8 hours into this with all the reading, researching, and actual building. Can't even imagine how long this will take, but that's ok, I'm not going anywhere!!!
  3. My house has siding. So I am thinking I do not prime/paint the shell of the house. Right? And do I paint the siding before or after I put it on the house. Again, I guess I paint only one side so that all the glue will stick. Thanks everyone.
  4. Yeah. Going to need my daughters for that. I'm making progress on my dry fit. But gee, it would be nice if something fit together without me having to sandpaper and (yes) use a hammer!! As I'm sanding some of this wood it is literally falling apart. And wow. Gluing the stair treads is going to be fun. Hard to place it so that it can dry! I've been reading and watching by videos all day. (It's my day off). So I'm super excited. Question. The wood glue says to use on bare wood only. Hmmm. So do I prime AFTER? I glue stuff? Thanks everyone. So glad I found this site. It has been so encouraging and helpful.
  5. Wow, why are my pics so big? Sorry about that.
  6. Great advice. Been reading the step A instructions over and over. My daughter helped me get this far with the house. Amazing how so many of the tabs and slots don't really fit. When I finally got this much taped together I got up off the floor to get something and kicked the dollhouse by mistake. My daughter and I could only laugh. Good times!!! It's amazing how long step A took!!
  7. LizaJane

image.jpg

Doll house in the making
  8. LizaJane

image.jpg

Dollhouse
  9. Thanks for all the info!! And you're right, if things are crooked, it's nothing a good craft beer can't fix!
  10. I asked this question somewhere earlier, but can't find where i put it. UGH, not a computer wiz. Do I put the whole house together first with tape? or just a step at a time? when do I paint, before I put it together with tape? after? I did not plan on painting the inside since this is my first house, but can I do that after it's put together? I'm finding lots of good advice here, been reading for over an hour, but I still can't quite picture all the steps. Sorry for being such a newbie and thanks for all the advice. It would be so much easier to watch someone do this!!
  11. OK, tape to hold it together, Got it. Aileens glue. NO glue gun? I personally hate glue guns. On other projects I always feel like it doesn't hold for all eternity. This is my first house, so I am roaming around the site here to gather all the info I can. Thanks.
  12. is it ok to ask a question here? i don't understand about the masking tape and putting the house together first. is that the whole house? or just a few steps at a time? and why masking tape? should I do this before I paint? this is my first house, so I have soooo many quesitons. thanks.
  13. OK, feeling better. Marked my pieces and laid everything out. Guess I was overwhelmed. Thanks for the advice and encouragement.
  14. Thank you thank you thank you for telling me about the priming. The directions leave so much out.