0 Neutral

About AWinnV

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thanks! I bought a much smaller already built house from a local shop. What I realized is that I am really more interested in what to put in the house rather than building the house. I am looking forward to making a lot of what I will put in it, though. Thanks for the help on how to navigate the forum. For whatever reason I tend to be bit challenged with forums and rarely use them.
  2. Woopsie, just saw that. I read the rules, but was bombarded by two toddlers while doing so and missed that sentence . . . my bad. Just tried to edit the post to remove that info but didn't see how too. Thanks!
  3. Selling a very partially built Garfield kit. I built the foundation/first floor, first floor stair, and about 1/4 of the second floor stair before coming to grips with the fact that building dollhouses is just not for me. All remaining parts and instructions are still in the box and of course this sale includes what I have already built. I'm asking **edited out** for the kit as-is. Please note this is the kit as it comes only, no shingles, siding, or finish materials included. I'm willing to deliver to anywhere in the Denver metro area. Thanks!
  4. That email is set up specifically for this reason only. But thanks for sharing your opinion and for the info on the trading post forum! I will look for that and post the kit there.
  5. Hi all, I received my Garfield kit in the mail yesterday and immediately had a panic attack when it sunk in just how big it will be once built! I almost shipped it back to exchange for a smaller model but alas I just love the look of the Garfield sooo much I decided to Go BIG or GO HOME! I haven't even removed a single board from the box but am already facing Challenge #1: how the heck do I build this bad girl in sections so that I can fit it through doors when we move? I have already received amazing help from one member but now onto the challenge of actually doing it. If anyone else around here has built their house in sections any feedback/tips/trips/suggestions/do's/don'ts/etc would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to fill my house with references from Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Kid's books/Pop Culture etc but still have the house be beautiful and well appointed - not a run down looking "haunted" house. Although, I do love that look and was going in the direction at first. I was first inspired by Jenny Lawson over at The Bloggess. If you haven't seen photos of her doll house go have a look -- totally awesome. Anyway, I want my house to look like some eccentric billionaire lives there and he collects artifacts right out of fantasy and sci-fi. My husband is an artist (hobby not pro) and makes these completely incredible dioramas so he will be collaborating with me on my house! I am also a knitter, crocheter, sewist, & fledgling encaustic artist. When I'm not doing one of those things I am usually doing my all time hugest passion: Kung Fu. All that aside, first and foremost, I am a wife and a full-time stay-at-home mom to my two little sons. Soooo the Garfield is going to be a slow going affair but I figure I have the rest of my life, so why rush? Can't wait to get more into the forums and galleries to see all the amazing things everyone is doing. Best, April