0 Neutral

About BananaRC

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Hannah

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you so much for all the advice! I am planning to blog the whole process so will definitely put updates in here. I have endless questions including whether what I have is a 550 or a different 'model' of the house. Has anyone ever just left the stairs out of a dollhouse? I am thinking the extra space might be very nice to have from a decor perspective!
  2. Hello! I am a newbie to owning a dollhouse but have loved miniatures for years. I am excited to get my 'hand dirty' and learn. I am a freelance photographer and personal wardrobe stylist though I currently stay home with my 14 month old daughter. I am Australian but live in the SF Bay Area
  3. Thank you so much! I think I've given myself quite the challenge for a first house. I plan to give this one to my daughter so I guess something for 'play' is a good opportunity to learn before investing in a kit to build from scratch
  4. Hi! I am new here and on a whim bought an assembled 550 for $40 at a yard sale. I have had a look and the bones are good but it needs a fair bit of work - in particular I think it has been painted twice, poorly, and some of the baseboards etc have been installed very poorly so I'd like to remove them. I also think I might like to remove the stairs in order to finish the floors and walls properly but the adhesive used seems super strength and I don't want to damage the walls! Any advice on refurbs and where to get replacement trim etc would be much appreciate it - a quick google seems to show that these are discontinued so I guess I will be making some stuff myself? I am kind of a newbie at this, so any advice would be much appreciated