Emerald

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Emerald

1. THANK YOU...HUGE THANK YOU....to you all for taking the time to answer me.  THIS is a 1/8 playscale (as you see) project and the foam will be 1" thick.  I will be buying an entire sheet because the front will be about 30" high even though it is only about 6-8 wide.  I will include a photo of the INSPIRATION.  If anyone has more ideas, failures or suggestion I want you to know how much I appreciate ALL your input!!!  Thank you again.  Havanaholly...will keep in touch and post to my project in Gallery, Townhouse or street project.  THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PLAYSCALE and 1/6 SCALE SUPPORT.  THIS project I am using ready made doors and windows.

street idea2.jpg

jamestown door.jpeg

crossbuck door.jpg

window.jpg

2. I want to use Pink contractors foam for my 1/8 scale project.  I want to glue clap board siding and straight ribbed siding to it.  Do I need to put wood on it first?  What glue...there is foam glue by Gorilla glue and foam glue by Locitite.  project is 15 in wide and using 1 in foam.  Want to also glue it to wood base and side wall.  Want to glue in doors and windows.  YOUR COMMENTS ARE VERY VERY VERY WELCOME.  The photos are from another project to show you how I made clapboard and ribbed siding.

sidingb.jpg

sidinga.jpg

3. WELCOME TO THE LITTLE FAMILY!!!  LOTS OF HELP, ENCOURAGEMENT AND INSPIRATION HERE.  Please show us your house transformation!!!  The album in the gallery can, I think, be used too to ask questions as you go along.  So excited for you.

4. Isn't it the truth....WELCOME.  No money or time and wow what we can do better as we are older!!!  Sounds like part of me.  As I began, I realized how retirement and having some funds for my projects creates so many things.  CHAOS!!!!  BRING IT ON AND SHARE IT WITH US!!!  Don't forget to post on the gallery!!!  I cannot wait.  Isn't it FUN!!!

5. WELCOME to the gallery and forum.  It will be so fun.  I have built kits but always end up changing them.  I am terrible at kits.  But I have learned a lot here and been encouraged and inspired whether in 1:12 or 1:6.  Yes....playscale!  But everyone here is encouraging.  Please share your build and ideas with us.

6. WELCOME with your new Orchid!!!  I have so much trouble with kits, so I either kit bash or build from scratch in 1:12 or 1:6 (action figure size).  I still consider myself a beginner after 3 years of building.  I learn new things all the time.  The members here will help and encourage for sure.

7. WELCOME AND WOW...you are one of the SMALLER builders!!!  I went BIGGER not smaller.  When I attend the big Chicago International show here I realize there are some amazing looking 1:24 and smaller pieces that looking amazing now that laser allows for these types of things.  What a challenge...Post your progress because we would love to see what you create.

8. WELCOME..........Stumbled into miniatures!!!  What a stumble!  I stumbled via a miniature website looking for miniature items.  I entered a contest and tried a kit which I decided to add to...how crazy was that!  Then I did another as I was also building room boxes.  That one I decided to change from 1:12 kit to a 1:6 she shed.  OK...nuts but so much fun creating my own siding, ribbed roofing and seeing how I could implement distressing wood into it.  Then took on the Bay Window project ending up 5FT 4IN tall, 3 floors in 1/6 scale.  So you are in FANTASTIC COMPANY HERE.

9. WELCOME...you really sound like me.  I retired and decided gardening was my hobby until my neck and back gave me a strong sign of pain that gardening, no matter how much I love it, was NOT going to work.  So after 5 years of retirement I started with some Barbie dolls, made room boxes, some furniture (some gave away) and got inspired to build not only in 1:12 but 1:6.  I LOVE WOOD, so it took 4 years to find a lumber yard for true 3/8 birch that was right in my own backyard!!...THIS FORUM is amazing and everyone is so encouraging and inspiring.  Make sure you share your work and learning with us.

• Like 1
  10. WELCOME...Please share your kit with us.  Everyone here is encouraging and inspiring to all types of builders.  My thought would be to post your project and ask you question as you go as well.

11. HI MAMAW PATTY...I am a displaced Texan.  Now you being a Texan understand that no matter how long we are displaced, we will always be a Texan!!!  Had to say that.  I retired from working in municipal government after 33 years and have a network of friends up here....so I don't get "home" often.  I cannot wait for your build.  Will you put some Texas inspiration into your Lily decor?  There is a TINY TEXAS miniaturists that participates in our shows near Chicago.  You should be able to find her here.

• Like 1