calicocow

Silver Member
  • Last visited

2 Neutral

About calicocow

Profile Information

• Interests
    Married mother of 2 (ages 4 and 6), living in East Tennessee. I decorate cakes, do a large variety of house remodeling, workworking, painting, love miniatures and have just started an herb garden. Love camping, fishing and spending time outdoors with my family(when I'm not up to my eyeballs in dollhouse playing).

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Lisa
  • Country
    United States
  1. Ooooo, I have heard of a place in Texas that makes chocolates with hot pepper. Sounded yummy, but they were expensive, so I've never tried them. Pepper ice cream, now that's good eating :lol: .
  2. I'm an adventurous eater, so I've tried some weird stuff, add to that the fact that my dad was from the Kentucky and hunted when I was little, sooo... 'possum, squirrel, froglegs, groundhog (nasty), rabbit, turtle, deer, buffalo, elk, quail, pheasant, octopus, shark, fried conch fritters (yum), alligator, squid, crawdads, and even once (cuz my mom said I hadta) chocolate covered grasshoppers. I'll try anything once. Weirdest combination-french fries and chocolate fudge sauce. My hubby got me to try that when we were dating. I used to have a friend who liked mustard on her twinkies. Now, that's just plain weird :lol: ! Oh, and my 6 year old son like peanut butter and olive sandwiches. Go figure.
  3. Well, I tried back at the store and they weren't interested in discounting the unfinished models yet . A whole house full of dollhouses to do is my idea of Heaven. Guess I'm not quite good enough to make it to heaven yet :lol: . Thanks, Amy! I'm champing at the bit to start it! My sister found some incredible wallpaper at Lowe's that I am going to wind up using on the floors and walls. It's textured, so the stones aren't just flat. I tried a test sample with soem different finishes and decided the floors will look good with some watered down burnt umber paint. Here's a pic of the roll of wallpaper. It doesn't really show the detail, but the stones are perfect sized!
  4. Welcome! I'm going to be doing a Pierce soon, too! I am butchering mine though and turning it into a castle. I am anxious to start it. It looks to be quite challenging. Good luck on yours! Can't wait to hear of your progress! :lol:
  5. Tracy's paper clay instructions are wonderful! I recently did a house using them and was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I am also going to be doing a castle, from a Pierce kit. I'm gonna playclay it, too. Welcome to the board! :lol:
  6. Welcome! I'm pretty new myself. The people here are great, and what a talented group they are! Everyone is always ready to help out answering questions and helping each other solve problems. I think you'll like it here :lol:.
  7. Funny thing, I 'know' who lives in the house I am working on right now. It's a bashed Victoria's farmhouse that is supposed to loosely look like RGT's Ponderosa. As I shop for things for the house, I know just what the 'owner' would like and what 'fits'. He's a man who doesn't have a woman in his life and hasn't for a while. He's rugged and middle aged and likes to tinker and build his own stuff when he can. He'd rather read a good book than watch tv and basically he's a loner, though he's friendly to everyone and likes when he has the occasional visitor. He's lived inland and has all his life, but he dreams of the ocean. He doesn't have a name yet, but I am sure he will before the house is finished. Am I crazy? (well, yeah I already know I am ) Does anyone else have a personality for the people who 'live' in their houses??
  8. That's what I keep telling my hubby. I am considering going back to the hobby store where I got it and offering them a lump sum for the floor models they have on display. They're totally unfinished and according to the salesperson when I asked about them-badly out together, but if I can get a steal of a deal... Yup! Once I read all of your step-by-steps and figured out how to handle the clay, I just replicated the stones over and over. The getting started part was the hardest. Your directions were invaluable! Thank you again for posting them! Thank you, Shakyshaky and Susanne! I've got so much to learn, but I think I've found the right place to learn it! Btw, my niece thought the stones were put on in a sheet. My hubby, who delivered it, had to tell her it was hand done. My great niece loved it.
  9. Hi Peggi, Pearl was my grandmother's name and when we were discussing baby names, it was on the top of the list. At the time, I kidded my hubby about the fact that she started as a tiny little dot that grew into a thing of beauty, just as a grain of sand does in an oyster. I kinda like the fact that it's not a common name these days. Funny side note, my grandmother's sister was named Peggy.
  10. Thanks, Deb and Havanaholly! I'm still kinda a newbie, but I'm having a ball! :lol: And if y'all are ever in the area, lemme know and I'll take ya to all the good places! Woo Hoo! Hobby Lobby emailed me back. I'm betting they did with all of us who asked, but just in case, here's the email they sent: Thank you for shopping at Hobby Lobby. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while shopping at Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby is not discontinuing our line of Dollhouses and Miniatures. One particular brand of Dollhouse, by Dura-Craft, is being deleted, due to their ceasing of operations over a year ago. We are currently waiting for shipments of items to arrive in our warehouse, so the stores can be replenished. Your feedback on the performance of our stores is appreciated; it helps us to better serve you, the customer. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences with our store and giving us the opportunity to better serve you. We hope that you will continue to shop at Hobby Lobby and that all of your future visits are pleasant and productive.
  11. Here, too! I hope they pay attention!
  12. calicocow

Calicocow gets creative, well sorta...

Pics and progress on my dollhouses
  13. calicocow

Stoned Orchid

A rush job on an orchid for my 7 year old great niece
  14. calicocow

Andy's Log Cowboy Ranch

Farmhouse to Log house in 1000 easy steps ;)