Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Jess

Recent Profile Visitors

374 profile views
  • Sal

1. Oh, Perfect! Thanks Holly! That's great news!
  2. Sable, that's another great option. The instructions currently have the stairs set up so the landing at the bottom is close to the front door. I'm afraid something larger might butt up against the door. The landing at the second floor is close to the edge of the dollhouse so I can't cut further to accommodate there for a larger staircase. However, I might be able to reverse the stairs making the second floor landing opening a little larger in the opposite direction. I'll have to just make sure the bottom of the stairs won't be hanging out of the dollhouse without having to cut a very large opening on the second floor. My husband seems to think if I enlarge the picture enough on the parts list that came with the instructions, he might be able to use that as a template to cut the pieces himself. He seems to think the pictures are to scale just shrunk down. I might try it out on some cardboard first before I go through the aggravation of trying to get it right with the real stuff.
  3. Thanks guys! It does seem like a lot of fun here. I'm finding so much great information and everyone seems really supportive! Yes, I doubt this will be my first house! I had to walk away from the computer yesterday before I bought another one since I'm having so much fun with this one already!
  4. Thanks so much, Sable! Those stairs are much prettier too than the original one. I'm bookmarking all these sites. So much great stuff out there!
  5. Good morning, all! I just wanted to stop in to say hi and introduce myself! My name is Jess and I'm currently working on my first dollhouse. It's a Dura Craft Columbian. I came across this site trying to source some missing pieces from the kit I've acquired. I've always loved dollhouses and miniatures. As a kid I had always wanted a dollhouse but never had one. I would constantly make my own miniature items to use for my Barbies and other various figurines I had as a kid. I'm a mother of four, my youngest is a girl so I am enjoying doing this all over again, especially with a real dollhouse! I live in Pennsylvania with my husband and four kids. In my downtime I enjoy gardening and anything that has to do with yarn. I'm slowly figuring out how to navigate this site and I can't stop staring at all the gorgeous pictures! There is some serious talent in here!
  6. Thanks Holly! I just sent a message to Manchester Woodworks. Then I got lost on their site drooling around a little bit! I'll be sure to swing by and introduce myself in the Newcomer's Forum. Thanks again!
  7. Hi! I want to start off apologizing if this has already been asked. I'm a complete newb when it comes to making dollhouses and I'm new to this site as well! I am ecstatic as I was recently given a Dura-Craft Columbian kit. It was already half assembled and I've gotten a lot done already. However, it seems there are a lot of pieces missing. It seems mostly trim/decorative pieces which I can work around. Unfortunately it's missing all the pieces for the stairs, front steps and the gable trim which I would really like to have. I see Dura-Craft went out of business in 2005. Is there anywhere to get these parts or any resources where I could download/buy the scaled pattern/blueprint to print off and cut myself? Anyone know of any company that specializes in Dura-Craft replacement parts that might have these as well? I did a quick search and I'm a little worried as I'm not finding much. Thanks!