About Sal

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Sally

Recent Profile Visitors

689 profile views
  1. hmm, it won't let me upload pix. says the max total size is .49 mb, i compressed the photo to 16 kb, not sure why it won't let me upload..
  2. I found instructions for the haunted house via this website http://www.nancysworld.net/mydollhouses/bobbidirections.html the house is also know as The Bobbi. so I spent some time making the furniture from that kit. So I got started on the Orchid on Monday and continued on Tuesday, Today it was far enough to put together, the glue is drying. The next step says to add the roof, I read ahead and the shingles appear to get added last. These are not shingles that I'm used to, they are like paper thin, and appear to come in sheets. I will need tips on how to prepare them, I think I want them to be a very dark grey or light black..... And from the notes I've seen apparently they are hot glued one at a time to brown paper???? I thought about shingling the roof pieces one at a time, but I'm guessing it would be harder to put the roof together and still look good. For the floors and wall paper, I used scrapbook paper - sprayed with a matte sealer, and applied with modpodge.. Thanks for the encouragement.
  3. Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, not to building dollhouses. I bought a half finished bashed Tennyson years ago, and finished it up without instructions, who knew that their was help online. A few years ago I gave it up to a single mom with a lil girl who took it home with their wagon. Obviously once you get the bug..... I came across a haunted house at goodwill 2 weeks ago, but 3 of the outside walls are missing. So I bought an Orchid at Hobby lobby with a coupon..... so now I have 2 to build! I'm hoping somone can get me instructions for putting the haunted house together, they are missing, I will be cutting new walls, and might consider putting both of these houses together. I know there is another house similar to the haunted house, but don't remember it's name, that also has furniture included in the kit. If I can get the instructions for the furniture, that would be great. I dont' want to build furniture out of house pieces A little about me, I took a fall last November, and hit my head, I've been off work since with post concussion syndrome and the longest lasting headache in the world. Part of my rehab is to push my brain, keep it active, and also be creative. I figure now's a good a time as any to start this project! Any help would be appreciated.