• Last visited

1 Neutral

About trixieholly

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Katrina
  1. Thanks! I will look those suggestions up when I am closer to starting. I am going to get a lazy susan bearing so I can build a platform under it so once it's up it can be turned easily.
  2. Hi April, I fell in love with this house too and I bought it about two years ago. I also freaked when I read about the size (and measured every door around the house!) ... so it's taken me this long to figure out where to put it. I am now just ready to start. It won't take long on the build before it is huge. It is lovely though, isn't it? I am going to do the traditional style with mine versus what it sounds like you'll do with yours. I love your idea though. Sounds very Addams Family. I have two daughters and both are excited. The youngest specifically. I had thought about doing a smaller house but I plan on doing this once and that's it (the cost of interior stuff alone makes it a one time shot for me) so I went with what I wanted - big and victorian. I have only taken out the instruction sheet and once the first part for the platform. I had this idea this week to put the whole dollhouse on a lazy susan bearing so it can be turned (the front and the back are both beautiful). Let's keep in touch as we both build. Take care!! Katrina
  3. Hi, I am completely new to this idea of building a dollhouse but it's been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. My youngest now is excited as we get started. I bought the Garfield which is a huge dollhouse and stopped when it said make sure you know where you want to put it before you build it or it might not go through the door. Well, many months later, I have finally settled on a place and I am researching to get ready. I was pleased to find this forum which was unexpected. I hope to find more helps as I go along. I'd rather research first and know better as I go rather than fix mistakes. Thanks!