• Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Deborah
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1331 profile views
  1. halfinch-rotbookshelf.jpg

Very, very impressive!  I love that it rolls and turns.  What a beautiful addition to your Fairfield! (It's hard to give up half scale, isn't it?  )
  2. Industrial Pendant trim detail.JPG

Great job!  The nail art was genius.  That little extra detail makes a big difference; it adds to the realism.
  3. Merrimack Lunch.jpg

Thanks, Emily!  Your input on the countertops really helped.  I am so much happier with them now.  And by all means, do try a midcentury.  :-)  It's such a great period.  If you don't want to do the Merrimack, I wonder if you could get a set of the Betsy McCall plans and scale them down.
  4. IMG-2355.JPG

Looking good!  Titebond wood glue is the best.  I love it, too.
  5. Merrimack Kitchen 6.jpg

No worries.  I actually read "now" when I read it.  I read what you meant to say.  
  6. Merrimack Lunch.jpg

I believe it is.  It's a whole set of metal flatware and serving pieces that you can clip off a sheet and bend.  The knives and some of the serving pieces have extra handle bits that you can glue on to make them thicker.  I was going to give you a link to where I got it (in the UK at A Trifle Small), but something must be wrong with their site.  When I click on their headings, I get "no products found."
  7. Reading Room - roombox

Wow, you are really zipping along on this!  I love that you are building it like a real room, with floor joists and all.  Can't wait to see how this turns out.  There are so many lovely aspects of this room that could be fun to replicate in miniature.
  8. Merrimack Kitchen 6.jpg

Thank you!   I know.  I'm not big on dolls, either, but I've been amusing myself by photoshopping an image of a 50s housewife into some of my pictures.  For some reason, I want to see this kitchen occupied.  
  9. Merrimack Lunch.jpg

No kidding!  I'd be lost without them.  They have such great modern pieces.
  10. 5903780b41f1c-MerrimackKitchen5.jpg

I was going to do all the woodwork natural (light-colored stain and poly).  However, in the kitchen, I could paint it white.
  11. 5903780b41f1c-MerrimackKitchen5.jpg

Thank you.  It is.  It's the most spacious miniature kitchen I've ever worked on, and it's such a pleasure!
  12. Merrimack Kitchen Counter.jpg

From the album Half Scale Merrimack

And here is a close-up of the counter.  As you can see, the “Formica” is the Skylark pattern in grays and blacks.  The pattern is probably a bit oversized for half scale, but I wanted it to show.  I tried Cracked Ice first, but it seemed a little too pale for the room.  It just didn’t quite work for me. 
  13. Merrimack Lunch.jpg

Here is a close-up of the kitchen table, ready for lunch.  The plates are simply painted pewter; the “glasses” are from this year’s annual swap for the Yahoo Half-Scale group.  The macaroni and cheese casserole was made especially by Jan Petrie at Autumn Leaf Studio.  (Close up, the teeny tiny macaroni is amazing.)  The chairs and table are from Shapeways.  I had originally painted the cushions a different green (Sublime Lime), but it was more of a neon green.  This green is a relatively close match to the green I am using in the living room rug.
  14. Merrimack Kitchen 6.jpg

As I mentioned in a previous post, I initially wanted stained wood cabinets, but the wood grain just looked off.  So I ended up painting them yellow (thanks to input from this forum), and I’m very happy with them.  I also did some paint on the walls, and limited the wallpaper to the soffit and areas without cabinets, because otherwise it just seemed too busy.  I hadn’t intended to paint the left-side cabinet; was going to let it be more like a transitional piece of furniture.  However, now that I look at it in the pictures, I think that it needs to go yellow, too.
  15. 5903780b41f1c-MerrimackKitchen5.jpg

As I mentioned in a previous post, I initially wanted stained wood cabinets, but the wood grain just looked off.  So I ended up painting them yellow (thanks to input from this forum), and I’m very happy with them.  I also did some paint on the walls, and limited the wallpaper to the soffit and areas without cabinets, because otherwise it just seemed too busy.  I hadn’t intended to paint the left-side cabinet; was going to let it be more like a transitional piece of furniture.  However, now that I look at it in the pictures, I think that it needs to go yellow, too.