• Dollhouse Building Experience Two
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Deborah
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2013 profile views
  1. Kris Compas furniture kits? Recommended reading?

I've also scaled down Kris's patterns to half scale. I find her instructions very clear, and she presents some good techniques for working in miniature. I love her mini button tufting. I have used what I learned from her when creating my own upholstered pieces.
  2. Blue Ribbon at the State Fair

Congratulations!  Great job!
  3. Merrimack Deck Mockups.jpg

Yep. Little flip flops. :-)
  4. Shower stall tiling.JPG

This looks so upscale! What a great shower. I'm sure you can fix the uneven bit. It's so small. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. :-)
  5. Merrimack Deck Mockups.jpg

Me, too. I'm just concerned the grill may look too big.
  6. I did it!

Yes. I'd say it is more of a Queen Ann or Eastlake Victorian, similar to the Fairfield. You should have a lot of fun with it. 
  7. Mini sewing

Sewing that tiny must be so hard! But it looks like you're doing a great job. Glad you are enjoying it. :-)
  8. I did it!

Congratulations on your new little house!  I have always been intrigued by their houses, and this one is so pretty!  That is an odd little corner, though.  Perhaps an urn with flowers?
  9. Merrimack front with trim and foundation.jpg

I love Lundby houses!
  10. Merrimack Deck Mockups.jpg

Great idea!  Thank you!
  11. Merrimack front with trim and foundation.jpg

No, it's coming.  It will be a circular staircase.  I got one from Shapeways, but I'm not entirely sure I like it.   The railing spindles are all wavy.  I might have to cut them off and redo them with something else.  However, after reading your blog post, I am also considering replacing it with the one from Alpha Stamps.
  12. From the album Half Scale Merrimack

Here is the front, with trim and foundation.  There is siding in the two triangles.  The foundation is just Plastruct field stone painted.  I thought it looked better than cinder block would have.  The woman in the study does not belong there.  Occasionally, rogue things appear in my houses--dinosaurs, turkeys, 1:12 scale cats, and sometimes people.  Unfortunately, I didn't notice her when I took the picture last night.  That is not Margot!  (I've learned that my homeowners are named Margot and Jim.)  I will need to evict her when I get home today.
  13. Merrimack Deck Mockups.jpg

From the album Half Scale Merrimack

A couple of versions of a back mock-up.  Samantha suggested a hot tub, and now I have to have one, but I think it will need to be a bit larger than a toilet paper tube.    I have to find something that's roughly two inches in diameter, to give me a nice 48" hot tub.
  14. Merrimack Balcony.jpg

Another view of the balcony, with chairs.  Sorry the picture is a bit blurry.
  15. Merrimack Finished Siding.jpg

Another view.  You can see I also have the upper balcony on.  There will also be a lower balcony, but I wanted to finish the foundation before putting it on.  The railing is from Heritage Laser Works.