• Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Deborah
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3939 profile views
  1. 1:12 scale model of Video Production Studio

I agree.  I use basswood, too, because I can't cut as straight as Mike could.  His furniture was beautiful, and you would never know it started as matboard.  I miss his pictures.
  2. Tile roof using corrugated cardboard

I actually did my corrugated cardboard tile roof tile by tile (because I'm insane, and because it was only a porch roof and therefore relatively small).  I glued directly to the roof.  If you are doing a house, I think it might be easier to cut templates for the roof pieces from the thin posterboard, and glue the tiles to that.
  3. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

That was a very interesting blog entry.
  4. Hello!

Hello!  Welcome!  Looking forward to your build.  It's always interesting to see how different people personalize the Fairfield and make it their own.  It does seem like 1:24 pieces are disappearing.  Some things I bought a year or two ago are no longer available.  You were smart to buy things when you saw them and start collecting in anticipation of your build.  You will be able to create a gallery after you have made 5 posts; before then, you'll get a confusing message that your pictures are too large.   
  5. DecoHouseSecondFloorTopView.jpg

Well, we'll see how well I do on this.  I have been wanting to do this project for ages, and I finally got brave enough.  Yes, a house can always use original artwork.  
  6. 5e22159d16e36-Half-InchStripes.jpg

Thank you!
  7. Vanity2.jpg

From the album Half Scale Art Deco House

Half-scale art deco vanity from a kit by SDK Miniatures.
  8. Jazz3.jpg

Jazz, my half-scale, polymer clay greyhound.
  9. DecoHouseSideOpen.jpg

Foam-core mock-up for the half-scale art deco house, based on a set of plans in a 1937 Popular Mechanics.
  10. DecoHouseSecondFloorTopView.jpg

Testing out items in the bathroom and bedroom of the foam-core mock-up for the half-scale art deco house.
  11. DecoHouseOpen.jpg

Foam-core mock-up for the half-scale art deco house, based on a set of plans in a 1937 Popular Mechanics.
  12. DecoHouseNoStripes.jpg

13. DecoHouseLivingRoomTopView.jpg

Testing out items in the living room of the foam mock-up for the half-scale art deco house.
  14. DecoHouseEnd.jpg

End view of the foam mock-up for the half-scale art deco house.
  15. DecoHouseDiningRoom.jpg

Testing out items in the kitchen and dining room of the foam mock-up for the half-scale art deco house.