Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Jane
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks! slowly adding things, but having a blast doing it!
  2. This looks like a solid 3d printer. The fact that it can't print ABS isn't the end of the world. ABS is stronger and takes longer to wear down (but really PLA lasts forever as well) There will be a lot of clean up work. The more detailed you print your prints the longer time they take to clean up, and the work you need to do by hand. It's certainly doable. Shapeways uses power coated printers which are extremely expensive and industrial standards. Overall this seems like a solid entry level 3d printer. I'd give a shot printing something and see how it goes if you can. The reviews of it seem positive.
  3. Hey everyone! I've finally got some things together to start an etsy shop. I'll be adding more things to it in the next two weeks - several laser cut pieces that I've designed. It's an exciting new adventure for me, but looking forward to run this! https://www.etsy.com/shop/JanesMiniCreations
  4. I have a cheaper simpler 3d pen I got for my birthday after the 3d doodler came out. It's okay, but I wouldn't use it to make miniatures, it's hard to keep a steady hand with this type of pen. I wouldn't attempt to make even the simplest miniatures with it - but maybe my hand is particularly unsteady. The one thing it would be good at is if you had a drawn out design on paper and traced it, did that several times and then glued the pieces together. Almost like a printable, but done in multiple pieces. I haven't tried that though.
  5. Thanks for the suggestions. I can try selling it unfurnished. Unfortunately I glued the kitchen cabinets in. Maybe I just sell it with with the kitchen and bathroom. I bought the house on craigslist fully furnished and then just redid it. But I can certainly find uses for the furniture further out.
  6. Thank you for the welcome! Looking forward to sharing more of what I do and seeing everything that the talented people here make!
  7. Thank you! I hope the house finds a good home as well. It's unique but it's been on craigslist and a few other selling places (including eBay) for a while and no takers :( And @fovthank you for moving it! Still getting my bearings!
  8. There are some truly beautiful houses people are selling! Wish I could collect all the ones I love. I decided to sell the last house I worked on to keep funding my new houses. http://nh.craigslist.org/clt/5548503050.html
  9. Hi! My name is Jane and I've fallen in love with miniatures. Last year I started by entering the Undersized Urbanite contest and won in the novice category. Since then I've just been making things! I love it. I'm entering the creating contest this year (deadlines keep me realistic) you can view my work at janesminicreations.com