Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Meghan
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. My city missed the flooding thankfully! And thank you all for the tips! I've begun removing the exterior brick today. The walls are pretty sturdy, found out after removing some of the brick paper that my grandpa used tiny nails to put a lot of the walls together as well as wood glue. I was planning on using egg carton bricks for my exterior, the results look so good for everyone else! I hadn't even really thought about the stairs! But I definitely would like to replace them with something more sturdy and realistic looking. All the interior walls are painted and they have held up pretty good, I think I may still repaint them (especially the attic, not a fan of the bright pink for a room anymore).
  2. Some picture of the dollhouse. It's in such bad shape it makes me cringe, but I hope I can get it in good order again!
  3. Hello! My name is Meghan and I'm from Charlotte, North Carolina. Back when I was six my grandpa made me a dollhouse. I adored it. Would play with it for hours, go to a local miniature store to look at all the things I wished I could get for my dollhouse, had a book that had lots of miniature interiors inspired by different time periods. Eventually though I grew out of playing with it, so it sat collecting dust for the most part, with my younger siblings occasionally wreaking havoc on it. But recently I got the idea to pull it out of the attic and fix it up to be even better than before. It's not a Greenleaf dollhouse, I'm not sure what dollhouse it is actually. It's in worse shape than I thought, looking at it was seriously distressing. I'm going to have to replace the exterior bricks, the shingles of the roof, railing on the balconies, redo the floors, reattach the roof. It's a little overwhelming honestly, but if I go bit by bit it should be manageable. And it'll definitely be worth it to see my childhood dollhouse in good condition again. Any advice, words of wisdom, and encouragement is highly appreciated! And I look forward to meeting you all and learning a lot!