0 Neutral

About MiniMarie

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Marie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I can totally understand why she was hugging it. What a wonderful house. You do beautiful work
  2. Hi All, I have always loved miniatures and always wanted a doll house. My husband bought me the Duran-Craft Madison MD740 about 8 years ago. I was working two demanding jobs at the time, and never got beyond a bit of painting and back in the box it went. I also couldn't find a place to put it as I considered it quite large BIG GRIN and it didn't really seem to be suitable living room décor. I became disabled a year ago and decided to finally build it and also decided any guests to my home would have to live with my unfinished dollhouse in the living room as I very slowly work on it. I also wanted to make most of the furnishings myself and I knew nothing about working with wood but thought making tiny furniture would be so much easier than the real thing. Another Huge chuckle. Wow have I learned a ton and how wrong I was, but I Love love love working on the house and furnishings and should have it complete by the time I'm 100. To ice the cake my wonderful husband surprised me with a 3/4assembled VM 800 last night that he found at a garage sale. Now you know why I added the BIG GRIN when I said my other doll house was quite large!! The VM makes it look like a garage in comparison. The VM800has a decent exterior paint job, but the interior is a mess as the builder attempted to paint it after building it, so it will take a lot of work to finish, but what a wonderful project that is now Sitting right in he middle of my dining room table found the forum while searching the internet trying to determine what kind of doll house my "new" one is and was so excited to find a community of enthusiasts I'm afraid I have now expertise to offer what little I know, I've learned from trial and error(mostly error), but I hope to enjoy the forum and kindred spirits and will be a great cheering section for others
  3. Hi All, I have always loved miniatures and always wanted a doll house. My husband bought me the Duran-Craft Madison MD740 about 8 years ago. I was working two demanding jobs at the time, and never got beyond a bit of painting and back in the box it went. I also couldn't find a place to put it as I considered it quite large BIG GRIN and it didn't really seem to be suitable living room décor. I became disabled a year ago and decided to finally build it and also decided any guests to my home would have to live with my unfinished dollhouse in the living room as I very slowly work on it. I also wanted to make most of the furnishings myself and I knew nothing about working with wood but thought making tiny furniture would be so much easier than the real thing. Another Huge chuckle. Wow have I learned a ton and how wrong I was, but I Love love love working on the house and furnishings and should have it complete by the time I'm 100. To ice the cake my wonderful husband surprised me with a 3/4assembled VM 800 last night that he found at a garage sale. Now you know why I added the BIG GRIN when I said my other doll house was quite large!! The VM makes it look like a garage in comparison. The VM800has a decent exterior paint job, but the interior is a mess as the builder attempted to paint it after building it, so it will take a lot of work to finish, but what a wonderful project that is now Sitting right in he middle of my dining room table found the forum while searching the internet trying to determine what kind of doll house my "new" one is and was so excited to find a community of enthusiasts I'm afraid I have now expertise to offer what little I know, I've learned from trial and error(mostly error), but I hope to enjoy the forum and kindred spirits and will be a great cheering section for others