0 Neutral

About Annie05

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Annie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Great reply Jackie, full of useful information. I've sent for a circuit tester along with a transformer etc, so as soon as it comes I'll be able to test it out. It is a fairly old house. It's not a kit, someone has made it from scratch. Looks like it's had a lot of use and then been stored in the roof for years. It's going to be a long term project, but it's something I've always wanted to do. I have two small granddaughters, so hopefully when it's finished there will be someone to carry on looking after it.
  2. You're quite right, housework is very overrated! The copper tape and eyelets all look sound - they are covered in masking tape. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the circuit is still intact. Many thanks for the info on the Doll's House show - I do live relatively near to London - I'll look it up.
  3. Thanks for all your welcoming replies. I'm brand new to doll's houses and though I'm competent at DIY and thought the decoration and renovation wouldn't prove a problem, the copper tape lighting system really threw me!! The junction splice doesn't look like your photo Freddie and that's why I was stuck in the dark. However, due in no small part to encouragement and advice from this site and copious reading on the net, I think I have figured it out. I've sent for some parts and await their arrival with great excitement! Then I'll know if it all still works, or if I need to start again from scratch. I'll keep you posted!
  4. Many thanks for your replies. I'm brand new to doll's houses and though I'm competent at DIY and thought the decoration and renovation wouldn't prove a problem, the copper tape lighting system really threw me!! However, due in no small part by encouragement and advice from this site and copious reading on the net, I think I have figured it out. I've sent for some parts and await their arrival with great excitement! Then I'll know if it all still works, or if I need to start again from scratch. You're right about it being an addictive hobby, I've had my house less than a week and the housework is already starting to suffer!!!
  5. Thanks Melissa, I'll try that - I'm new to forums too!!
  6. Hi, I'm Annie from the UK and I've just picked up my first doll's house from our local auction house. It's not very special at the moment - in fact it's been neglected and unloved for a long time and needs loads of work, but I've wanted a doll's house since I was a small child, so I'm excited and very keen to get started on this new challenge. What I'm really in need of to begin with is some practical advice about lighting. When I started stripping back the old wallpaper I found that the inside of the house is wired up with copper tape, with various little ports for lights to be plugged in. On the outside there is a small box with just 2 small, straight holes (not sure of the technical name!) which I presume is the point where you connect a transformer. Before I start any redecoration work, I obviously need to test this circuit and get it up and running. I'm not sure what I would need - there was no transformer or power supply included with the house. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Look forward to hearing back from some of you!
  7. Many thanks for replying. Not only am I new to doll's houses, I'm also new to forums! I shall follow your advice. My house is in quite a sad state of repair, so this is going to be a long term project, but I've wanted a doll's house since I was a little girl, so I'm really looking forward to the challenge!
  8. Hello, I've just bought a doll's house from our local auction house and am planning on renovating it. This is a new hobby for me and I need some advice on the lighting system. When I started stripping back the old wallpaper I found that the inside of the house is wired up with copper tape, with various little ports for lights to be plugged in. On the outside there is a small box which I presume is where you connect a transformer. Before I start any redecoration work, I obviously need to test this circuit and get it up and running. I'm not sure what I would need - there was no transformer or power supply included with the house. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I was going to add a couple of photos so you could see what I've found, but I'm not sure how to attach them! Many thanks Annie