Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Four
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Marci
  • Country United States/Canada
  1. Bathroom

You are all so nice!  I wish I got to work on this more.... I did finish a bed and a wardrobe and bedside table but don't want to post them yet because I still need to do a bedspread, alarm clock and put "hinges" on the wardrobe.  Oh - and a fireplace.  Like the towel cabinet, everything is made out of cardboard.  I need to figure out how to do door and drawer pulls - any ideas?  I bought beads at Michaels but they were too big!!  Anyway, I will snap a photo tomorrow - I keep this house in my office!  
  2. Bathroom

From the album Willowcrest - Beauty on a Budget

I still need to print the rug onto fabric and come up with some door handles for the towel cabinet.  Most of this is Chrysnbon kit, but the towel cabinet is made from cardboard.  I modified the sink so that it's a pedestal sink.
  3. front.jpeg

Thank you so much, everyone!  I'm sad that I've hardly worked on it at all this holiday... we've been so busy, and I keep the house at my office.
  4. front.jpeg

Lots still to do on the exterior... but this is where it is now.  I am working on a widow's walk railing idea that I can make out of toothpicks, cardboard and paper beads.
  5. bedroom.jpeg

Window glazing and mullions are in!  I didn't use the very thin acetate that came with the kit.  Instead I bought thicker acetate and used very thin wood strips for mullions glued onto each side.  The french door is made of illustration board and kleenex boxes and the knobs are made from kleenex boxes, toothpicks and paper beads.  Baseboards are illustration board.  I can't wait to start making furniture!
  6. 5858ad4cea454-upstairshall.jpeg

The upstairs hall.  This is different from the kit where you don't see the stair and the door to the bedroom is close to the front of the house (and it's a double door if I remember correctly).  Having this hall stole some square footage from the bathroom, but that's ok with me! 
  7. 5858ad436c71f-drawingroom.jpeg

The corner of the drawing room.
  8. Drawing Room

Window glazing and mullions are in!  I didn't use the very thin acetate that came with the kit.  Instead I bought thicker acetate and used very thin wood strips for mullions glued onto each side.
  9. From the album Willowcrest - Beauty on a Budget

Window glazing and mullions are in!  I didn't use the very thin acetate that came with the kit.  Instead I bought thicker acetate and used very thin wood strips for mullions glued onto each side.
  10. kitchen.jpg

That's true... I am very excited to make the furniture!
  11. kitchentoentry2_102516.jpeg

Thank you!  You know what's funny?  I live in a very contemporary house (my design).  Maybe this is my alternate universe!
  12. Worked on Doors Today

I worked on doors today... The bathroom door is made from three layers (middle is illustration board and the outer edges are kleenex box to create a paneled look.  The front entry door has five layers: two kleenex box layers, middle illustration board (where the plexiglass goes) and two more kleenex box).  The whole thing is painted to look like dark walnut.  I still need to do the letterbox, doorknob and knocker, but I need to go buy some gold paint.