About 13thpixie

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Heather

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hi I could scan this & email to you as a jpeg if that would help? Heather
  2. Hi Kathie I was thinking of both sides actually, I realise that I would have to strengthen the post on the R/H side... I was also deliberating on whether to lose the porch on both sides... the other complication is that I would have to remove the bay floor sections for the Tower side & add them to the part opening out & of course, remove all the bottom tabs & fill the slots.... you know, on 2nd thoughts, I think it's going to be complicated enough without basically re-designing the whole house!, it just seems odd that to see what's inside, you have to turn the whole thing around! What do people use to display completed houses which open from the back, are there big turntables available or is it a case of placing on a table of some sort, which can be viewed from all sides, or I guess on wheels/castors? Any ideas/advise appreciated! Thanks Heather
  3. Hi I have completed the 'dry-fit' of my first Doll's House- The Greenleaf Pierce, which was quite straightforward- I have decided not to include the stairs (any stairs, apart from the loft ladder). I have now 'deconstructed' the house & am now ready to start decorating, before piecing back together ! I live in Southern England, UK - I understand that traditionally, American Doll Houses are open at the back, not opening from the front- I was deliberating if I should make some alterations to my house, in order for it to open from the front & 'board' the back...has anyone tried/done this? Thanks Heather
  4. Hi Thank you! Just started the dry fit of the Pierce-can't wait until I can actually start to decorate & furnish! H
  5. Hi I'm a Dolls House newbie- just recvd the Greenleaf Pierce (in kit form) from Wisconsin (I'm in Portsmouth England, UK)- so looking forward to building/decorating/furnishing etc etc etc- so any hints/tips/images welcome... I'm sort of thinking of American Colonial style? Trying to clear out my spare room of all my old crafting/jewellery making stuff, so that I can turn my desk around & clear some floor space to actually start building the Pierce! (at the moment, the box (huge!) is lying on the floor of our lounge...). There are so many talented miniaturists in the world, I would love to be able to recreate some of the unbelievably brilliant & realistic miniature stuff out there! Many thanks H
  6. Hi Thank you everyone for your fab welcome!- I received my house last Thursday, - still trying to clear out my spare room of all my old crafting/jewellery making stuff, so that I can turn my desk around & clear some floor space to actually start building the Pierce! ( at the moment, the box (huge!) is lying on the floor of our lounge...). There are so many talented miniaturists in the world, I would love to be able to recreate some of the unbelievably brilliant & realistic miniature stuff out there! H
  7. Hi I'm a Dolls House newbie, just ordered the Greenleaf Pierce (in kit form) from Wisconsin (I'm in Portsmouth England, UK)- so looking forward to building/decorating/furnishing etc etc etc- so any hints/tips/images welcome... Many thanks H