None
  • Real Name
    netosha

Recent Profile Visitors

1,033 profile views
  1. netosha

IMG-6743.JPG

Thank you! I love it too!!
  2. This is the latest! I have glued on all the pieces that I had laying around (not as much as I thought). It's turning out awesome!
  3. netosha

IMG_6713.JPG

This are the original dolls and furniture from my childhood! I got them all for Christmas and following years from age 6! I dug everything out looking for pieces of the house that maybe floating around.
  4. Oh my gosh, I would have been heart broken if I heard "what house?" After all this work painting this thing I can only imagine the hours put in to build it!! In Washington state there is a town called Leavenworth and it's a little German town. Every December we would visit it, we would eat yummy food and go sledding. On the main road there was a doll house store. It had everything you could imagine for the hobby. Houses, furniture sets, dolls, supplies for yards even. I would go in there every year and droll over everything and never want to leave. When I was 6-7 I got this house for Christmas and I about died from excitement. Years later I learned the house was from that store! It's so special to me.
  5. I know! I'm already dreading that. As a child I even hated playing with that room! The roof to the tower is not adheared to the building to I think that will be helpful. My hands fit in there. I think I am going to try to keep it simple. Maybe I'll make drapes that are tall and go across every window to hide the fact I won't be able to get in there!
  6. A love hate relationship is a good way to put it! Some days I love working on it other times I wish I didn't start! I am loving how it's turning out though. It's been worth the pain!
  7. Thanks! I love the look too. I think it pulls the floor and roof into the design. I am going to add more seagul grey accents around the windows and do some touch ups and the exterior will be done! I'm so excited to get into the house!!!
  8. Yes! I have the balcony pieces they had broken off so I have the luxury of painting them before I put them back on. I'm planning on putting wood down for flooring before I put it back on. Unfortunatly the railings for the porch are broken badly. So I'm not sure how much I'll be able to salvage. I also still have the stairs.
  9. I stained the windows and doors! I think it looks great and it was so easy!!!
  10. Thank you all for your advice. I think I'm going to stain them without a sealer. It will tie everything together I think. The top part of the Windows are glued in already. so I'm going to have to go in carefully. As I have said many times. I think painting before assembly would have made this process easier. But I was 6 then so it would have been a rainbow paint job I'm sure!
  11. Hello All, It has been quite some time since I have last posted. I have been busy and unable to work on my house. Now I am back! I wanted to get opinions about the Windows and doors. I'm afraid that if I paint them they will stick and not be operational. That being said, should I leave them unfinished or stain them (maybe with the roof color)? Thoughts?
  12. Thanks guys, I will try that! It's so tricky when the thing is already put together. Maybe I am being too OCD about it.
  13. Yes I can clarify! Thank you for asking. I have attached a zoomed in example of what I mean. It's hard to explain. The ledge goes into the house. When I get home I can try to take a picture from the inside.