About bigstormgirl

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Cindy

Recent Profile Visitors

523 profile views
  1. Thank you all again for the warm welcome. I used a Hobby Lobby 40% coupon and got a RGT’s Victoria’s Farmhouse. Already started the build and have been taking pictures of the process.
  2. Hi Carrie Those little creatures are the hamsters from the KIA commercial back in 2010. One of my favorite commercials.
  3. Thank you all so much! It feels wonderful to be back. I'm hoping to get my dollhouse sometime this week. Will definitely take pictures of my progress.
  4. I need to reintroduce myself since I haven't been around for a couple of years. I had briefly started my Glencroft when life got in the way. Moving, divorce and other things that go with it. Getting ready to start over again with a new house (looking at the Westville). It's good to be back!!
  5. I found it when searching youtube for tape wiring. It sure made me feel better about the process. I tend to overthink stuff, especially when it comes to electrical. After watching the video, I felt a sigh of relief! That is great!
  6. I found a great video about tape wiring. It's dated, but it explains what everyone is saying here. Around the 11:00 mark, it shows a method of inserting the round wire in your punched holes before pounding in the eyelets. The eyelets should hold the wire in place without wrapping it around the eyelet. Here's the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgsi-EnszlA
  7. Great ideas with the wax paper and baby wipes! Got the Glencroft and got the first floor, right wall and back foundation glued and letting it set overnight. When I opened the box and checked everything, I think I got a surprise from Greenleaf. It has a magnet in the back, and looks like you can put a small picture in it. Did anyone else get one?
  8. Thank you everyone. Great suggestions! My Dremel will only be used when absolutely necessary. I hope I won't need it. Darn thing makes me nervous! lol The notebook is a great idea! Nothing worst than and paper and stuff scattered all over your wood pieces. Been through that before! And now I wait for the Glencroft. Hurry up FedEx!!!
  9. Great minds think a like! I'll be using an old spaghetti sauce jar for my brushes. Don't need anything fancy. Good idea about craft sticks. I really need those!
  10. Very cool about the Glencroft!!! I'll be cheering for you too!! I expect to spend day one just sorting through the pieces and trying to organize it. Great idea about the mug. Need to get a holder for my brushes too. I'll keep my eye out for that clay tool.
  11. Thanks for the suggestions. I added spackle, wood filler, putty knife, utility knife and chisel to my list. Forgot to mention I had glue (Aleene's) and paper towels. I have a Dremel too just in case and a mini saw.
  12. My Glencroft kit is coming tomorrow and I'm trying to setup my hobby room with tools and necessities that I know I will need. So far, I have x-taco knives, rulers (straight and 90 degrees), miter block for sawing, masking and painters tape, pencils, paint brushes, needle nose pliers, sanding pads and clamps. Is there anything else that I may need? Plan on going to Lowes tomorrow for some paint/stains and whatever else I may need. Thanks everyone.
  13. Thanks for the link Holly! Just ordered the Glencroft.
  14. Hi everyone Just found this forum today. Wanting to get back into this hobby after 13 years. Looking to get a smaller dollhouse to get back into, possibly the Orchid. Still shopping around to see what else maybe out there. One thing that I have noticed from 13 years ago, very little has changed as far as choices for dollhouses. Nice to meet everyone. Hope to get back in the saddle this week. Cindy