• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Jodi
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

935 profile views
  1. This has been so informative for me! Thank you! I sat myself down and started sketching my ideas for my Christmas room box. Very quickly I have realized that creating miniatures is a long term project. I am so surprised how now that I’m in this mind set I see something in a store or online and i immediately start thinking I could make that it would go great in my dollhouse (which is in 4 million pieces). I think I may be addicted! Im just going to enjoy the process and let my projects guide me!
  2. In regards to planning a project, how In depth does everyone plan before starting? I’m in the process of planning my first project but am terrified that I will not think of something and then have to rip things out (such as planning for lighting). What would be some recommendated items you plan in advance before starting!? Thanks!
  3. Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions! I have researched and decided to start with a room box from hobby lobby! Now I will be impatiently waiting for the mail to come next week so I can get started!
  4. I started th Alison Jr dollhouse as my first dollhouse years ago. The issue I had was I planned changed everything add additions and basically made it so complicated that I accomplished NOTHING! I got super overwhelmed and put the pieces away. Well over the last few weeks I have been itching to work on something but perhaps not as large or as complicated. I was looking at room boxes or very small dollhouses to get me started. Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated! I don’t want to Start another project be in the same pickle!
  5. This is my problem! I have started a ton of projects but haven't finished one of them. This has just left me feeling very overwhelmed. So I'm taking a step back and going to work on one thing at a time.
  6. jdforsten21

Yay or nay?

Love the colors!
  7. jdforsten21

radio2.jpg

What an awesome radio!
  8. Welcome! What an awesome house you found! I can't wait to see your progress!
  9. Welcome! I can't wait to see your creations!
  10. Thanks everyone for the advice! I saw a tutorial for using a jigsaw. I have a fear of powertools. I have so many door openings to make that i decided that I need to get over this fear and purchased my first powertool! We will see how this goes.