• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    wendy

Recent Profile Visitors

1,094 profile views
  1. ravensrook

the LadyRavenn

the LadyRavenn was started in 2016, and the more I work on her, the more incredible this adventure has become, kind of an obsession.
  2. ravensrook

broom holder

I love how you fill up a room with just the perfect little things to make it come alive
  3. ravensrook

bed fabric

beautiful, hearth and heart.
  4. ravensrook

vanity

I have to laugh, since I started on this mini venture I have found my house and my poor husband feeling a bit neglected. what kind of paint did you use?
  5. ravensrook

new fabric

again, you r amazing
  6. ravensrook

water pitcher

what do you use to distress your furniture? I was looking at annie sloan chalk paint.
  7. ravensrook

sewing room

I love wandering through your world/house. makes me smile
  8. ravensrook

Front Entry

i'm new to miniatures, so i'm not sure if I am allowed to ask, or if these are trade secrets. I am building a beacon hill and have loved pouring over ideas in how you have done your beautiful SeaHag. My house is becoming a stately home, with 3 cosmopolitan vampires, one beautiful red witch, a befuddeled old wizard...anyway, rather than scary, its just more lived in. but my question is this, how did you get that kind of texture on your outside.
  9. hi KathieB. thought i'd start my dollhouse experience with the beacon hill....maybe not the best choice for a newbie, but taking it one part at a time, it has been a fun project, and I've met a lot of really nice "mini" people. this sight has been a lot of help, esp the green-leaf gazette articles. main frame went up ok, then took a break to reconnect with life, clean my house, tell my friends I have not died, and then began to build the first floor stairs. that took some time but they are done, and I am going to be putting carpet runners up the stairs. already got the 2nd staircase ready to go. i find i am really enjoying this project, and look forard to keep movin forward. i think i will enjoy posting pictures in the gallery, but some of the dollhouse are beautifully grand, i want mine to look good. thanks for saying "hi"
  10. hello, I am a newbie from san diego ca. I am a practicing Halloween addict, and became involved in minnies when I had the idea to build a haunted dollhouse. it has been an interesting adventure so far, and im glad that they added "don't panic" at the beginning of the instructions. after actually getting into the plans and finally starting on the house, it has been a lot of fun. the house is called "LadyRaven" and she is an old Victorian haunted-ish house. the owners of the house are Charles and lizzette moonblood, a very cool pair of vampires. they have a little daughter, belladonna, bella for short and she is playing piano for a wonderful pair of skellies that are having tea. their aunt, a very lovely redwitch lives in the middle bedroom, and while she Is not a mean witch, if you make her mad, she wont fry you, but she will turn you into a toad. while it is for Halloween, the plans are for a dark Victorian interior and a distressed look outside. I have currently finished the main frame and have been working on the stairs, and they have taken me some time to work on. I will be starting to put in carpet runners and the gold holding bars shortly. im excited about this project,
  11. did a bit of internet surfing before I started on this adventure, but I didn't really understand the craziness that is miniatures. I am really a Halloween Lover and made the decision to do a haunted house, thought the beacon hill dollhouse would do well. I have finished the mainframe and will be starting the stairs soon. in looking at the fantastically done posted pictures on this sight and the internet, and I do understand that I have a ways to go, but how do I distress the outside of the house, the siding and the shingles?