0 Neutral

About Holly Sue

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Holly

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Sable, sure that would be great! I will send you a PM.
  2. I bought an old Beacon Hill dollhouse off of craigslist for about $125. The lady already put wallpaper up and did the flooring in some rooms. The house was put together using super glue and some of the boards have huge gaps in them. I have not even finished putting together the Garfield yet, but I couldn't pass this awesome deal up on Craigslist! It needs a lot of TLC. Can I just rip off the wallpaper and the flooring? She used super glue for the floors for some reason and I'm afraid that there will be a huge mess leftover under the floors. I wanted to put lighting up and redo the entire dollhouse. So I guess the questions that I have are as follows: Can I rip off the floors and wallpaper, and use a blow dryer to get rid of the excess glue? (Sorry if this is a stupid question) Where can I buy cheap victorian-style furniture in mahogany? Where can I buy replacement parts or actual sliding windows for the Beacon Hill? Thank you!!
  3. Hello! Nice to meet you. I am from Wisconsin too! I am waiting on the Garfield to come in the mail so I can start it. Looks like we will be starting around the same time. Good luck to you!
  4. Hello, nice to meet you Oak Creek is a little far but I also have some family in the Milwaukee area so I will have to message you the next time I am down there!
  5. You are absolutely right I will definitely keep that in mind when I start building it.
  6. I am just in awe by all the beautiful dollhouses on this site. I think I have jotted down five + pages full of tips and tricks that I have found. With the Garfield being my first house I want to do it right the first time!
  7. I am not sure if this post is allowed here but I was just wondering if there was anyone around here locally that could help me or show me any tricks to building my Garfield. I am from Appleton, Wisconsin.
  8. Hello, my name is Holly Komp. I live in Wisconsin with my sassy 2 year old and two very naughty cats. I am only 23 years old so I am quite young. I go to school full time (working towards getting my English degree). I am currently a stay-at-home mom so I do a lot of crafts. I have been reading up on the Greenleaf doll houses for awhile now. The Garfield is my favorite so far! I saved up enough money to purchase it, so this will be my next project. I have a lot of patience so I hope this project will turn out okay in the long run! Anyway, nice to meet everyone. I will be asking a lot of questions.