0 Neutral

About Lanie

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Elaine

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I started a remodel on my daughters 30+ year old house for her daughters ages 6 and 9. To update the outside, I removed the Tudor embellishments, added clapboard, and build new windows. To accommodate the new windows I added foam core to the walls to increase the wall depth. I purchased a new electrical tape system to replace the one that I removed. I am now wondering if the foam core was the best choice to place over the existing walls. Will brads in the tape system hold up in the foam and, more importantly, to the playing activity of a 6 year old? I do not want to switch to a round wire system, but am open to other suggestions.
  2. 30 years ago my father made 3 Harrison doll houses for each of his granddaughters. My daughter received one of the houses. I would now like to refinish the house so my granddaughter can enjoy it as much as she did. The wallpaper has been removed and, although there is wiring, the ceiling fixtures do not light. What would be the best way to troubleshoot the wiring? I am tempted to pull the tape from all the walls, but I am open to suggestions at this point. Also, has anyone tried to update the look of the Tudor to something a little more contemporary? I feel this house is my "fixer upper" and I would like to bring it into our times for her.